Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of people messing with special pulleys, boring out pulleys, welding, etc. for serpentine setups with Yorks, and thought I'd share a find I made recently. I'm going to be running a serp setup on my upcoming motor and I found a serpentine clutch/pulley assembly for $80 shipped here. I really didnt want to mess with special pulleys and have a v-belt stupifying my motor and spend a grip of cash doing it, so I searched until I found. I've seen them go for almost twice that, so I went for it.

Here's a couple pics:

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention it came with a new coil, also. Thanks grey.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,685 Posts
Thats a pretty good deal!

Im in the process of removing my a/c to put the York where my original compressor used to be, so i was planning on ordering a serp clutch anyway. Ill have to order it from these guys instead. Thanks for the link! :thumbup

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. :thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
now anyone have the correct bracket to make this work on a 302/351w?

I do have a few ideas for making one....

Also, a lot of big trucks like internationals have serp yorks on them as well

how are you gonna mount yours? factory bracket?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Get one from a van. Smallblock vans 302 or 351 have the same bracket. It'll work for ya.
thanks....any particular years? most of the vans ive seen had the new style compressors and brackets.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how are you gonna mount yours? factory bracket?
Yep, found one on an old Ford van. Its loosely mounted in that second pic on a mock up, the pump is kinda hiding the bracket. Not sure if that will help you though, mines an L6. I do know that the Yorks were used as far up as '84.

·
Registered
203 Posts
this is another place that you can get the clutch for the york pumps and a hole lot of other stuff for the air system http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/compressors.htm the place above is cheaper but kilby has ben doing the air systems for a long time

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Id be willing to bet thats the exact same clutch, look at the little sticker on theirs, and then on mine up top. I'll take the $80 one.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got the 6-groove pulley from Ryder fleet also. Good buy and good product. I mounted the York where the a/c compressor use to be.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
since we are on the topic of onboard air. I have a 87 bronco ac pump will it work or do I need to search around and find another one. Also I have a 6 is there a kit for it?

·
Registered
980 Posts
since we are on the topic of onboard air. I have a 87 bronco ac pump will it work or do I need to search around and find another one. Also I have a 6 is there a kit for it?
You can use that pump, but you have to set up a oiler system for it. You have to get the oil into to pump to lub it, but you want to take the oil out before it goes into the tank. It is alittle more complicated then using a york compressor. Here is a link to a bunch of on board air stuff:

http://www.jeepsonly.com/How_Tos/On_Board_Air/

I don't know of anyone who has a set up for a 6cyl.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Youd be better off getting a York, theyre easier to setup, maintain, and probably put out a lot more air. The hardest part for ya would be making a bracket, since I doubt youll find a factory bracket to bolt right in.

While we're on the subject, anyone have a problem with the York shaking really badly? I noticed there are a couple braces in addition to the main bracket on the stock setups, and a friend of mine with a '65 Mustang had an original dealer-installed York and he took it out because of all the racket it made lol.

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
thanks....any particular years? most of the vans ive seen had the new style compressors and brackets.
Something 86ish to 96 IIRC. Any E series with the smallblock will work, not just the 150s.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Something 86ish to 96 IIRC. Any E series with the smallblock will work, not just the 150s.
I think he was asking about the York bracket, which should be '84 and older. I'm not sure if the same is true for the V8s, but I've seen at least 2 or 3 different types of brackets on the 6 bangers, putting it on different sides of the motor.

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
I think he was asking about the York bracket, which should be '84 and older. I'm not sure if the same is true for the V8s, but I've seen at least 2 or 3 different types of brackets on the 6 bangers, putting it on different sides of the motor.
DOH! I think you are right. I was talking about the Sag bracket where the Broncoair bracket will fit, to mount the York on the side.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Edit - Nevermind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts