Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read alot of things on the net and wanted to hear it from you all.

I'm installing a brand new system including new O2 Sensor. Do I need to put some king of loc-tite or high temp sealant on the threads when I install? I've read places that recommend using the high temp copper or other anti seize like goop on the threads and others that say use absolutely nothing on it or risk contamination of the sensor.

What's the verdict? how should I treat this thing before I screw it into the bung?

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Definatley "anti-seize" but I recently read here that the Denso O2 sensor is a better product then Bosh, without the technical garb because Bosh have a tendancy to run richer by design.....any takes on that.....?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, just ran out to the garage and looked at my Bosch Sensor and low and behold, I have anti seize on mine also. I didn't take the Plastic cap off to look at it when I picked it up. Yes, I feel like a Moron.

I've read in a couple of Threads on other forums about the Denso sensor also. After I get everything together and run in I'll see how it affects my mileage. I get a pretty consistent 13-14mpg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts