Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats all I had......

Two days ago, I was hearing this weird @ss noise. Sounded like metal rubbing against metal. Looked at my passenger hanger and I see this BIG CRACK...

So I torched it off a bit ago....

This is how it REALLY looks!!!

And like I said, "One more bump!" That's literally all I had from hearing BOOM!!!

Boy did I get lucky...... Now to get it back together. The drivers side has some time left on it. I really don't feel like doing both today. I've had the parts for a few months now so no need to scramble for the parts ;)

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
rust sucks.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Wow... Perfect time for a shackle flip! :brownbag

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

shoulda just wrapped it up. could have lasted another year or so :toothless

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WTF is this rust thing you guys are always talking about?

:goodfinge

What, do you need some glasses? :goodfinge

yeah, yeah, yeah..... I know, you Cali people don't see chit like this.

Got it back together and WOW. Totally new feeling while driving. I hear no noises, and it feels solid when I punch it too. Thank god for torches. That damn bushing in the spring wouldn't budge, until the heat came :haha

Now, to fix my A/C.............

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
hey that looks familiar. just happened to me not even 3 weeks ago, except I didn't catch mine before it broke

(yea thats my leaf and hanger under the rug there)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Gotta love Michigan and it's salt seasons, I mean winters. :whiteflag

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

(yea thats my leaf and hanger under the rug there)
Man, that makes me SO GLAD I got it just in time. That ^^^^ brings out the suck!

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Realy mine just put a dent in there, his must have a rotten floor near the tailgate to.
Nah, my floor is solid. I dropped off of a tree, and when it hit the ground it broke and shot through the floor. and it doesn't help i had to drive it 40 mins home over shitty nj streets. either way it sucks. Glad you caught yours, Unfortunately I wasn't in time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts