Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've always wanted to have an Early Bronco to go with my '79 Bronco and I now have the wonderful opportunity to build my very own from the bottom up. My most wonderful sidekick has just honored me by giving me his long time project of building a one-of-a-kind EB that no one has ever seen or hear of before.

I will be taking over this project which is building a street/light trail Early Bronco with the following specs:

'67 Bronco
- 5.5" lift
- fiberglass roadster door inserts

'49 8BA V-8, rodded as follows
- Isky cam and springs
- Johnson Lifters
- Mallory Unilite ignition
- Bore .060"
- Offenhauser heads and intake
- Commander 950 EFI
- Powerdyne supercharger

C-4 tranny and D-20 T-case

4.10 gears; 9" LS rear and narrowed '76 HP D44 front with F-150 discs

Front and rear bumpers and 6-point roll cage all aluminum.

What, you've never heard of such a thing? LOL! You will not only be hearing about it but I'll be posting regularly as the build process takes place.

Okay, let's get started. In the beginning.......

Well as you can see, I've got a lot of work ahead of me but got the valves cleaned up as well as the rods. Currently re-tapping the block and doing some major clean up.:rockon

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Awesome idea Filly. Definately one of a kind with the flathead. I didnt know they were making EFI units for the flathead...

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is just a little idea for you of what the engine will look like....okay only in the color black.

Oh as far as the roll cage goes, don't forget this is mainly a show rig and not one that will take major off-road trails. Not that it won't be built to handle them, just not with that particular engine and the amount of hp it will have to turn the whopping 37" tires.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That flathead should sound awesome. We have a 39 Ford with Megasquirt fuel injection on it here at school and it sounds and runs great. It's a blast to drive

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lookin good Filly! I'm not sure bout the" most wonderful sidekick" part though:histerica
Thanks but since he just read this over my shoulder.....now I have to go make him pull his lip up off the floor. Pouting just doesn't look real good and it is hazardous to your health with all the metal splinters all over the floor too!:doh0715:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
.yr not are ya?...
Thanks but since he just read this over my shoulder.....now I have to go make him pull his lip up off the floor. Pouting just doesn't look real good and it is hazardous to your health with all the metal splinters all over the floor too!:doh0715:
i hope his lips not on the floor already?? That ole boy can dish out some "stuff" to be gettin offended so quickly:toothless.
By the way Filly it was very nice to meet ya, at th meet an greet!

C'mon Mc I know you are workin on a comeback!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Now thats a cool project. Not exactly what i would do with an EB, but still a cool project.

My uncle is building a flathead for his Woody, its neat to still see them in the engine compartments,.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Awesome idea Filly. Definately one of a kind with the flathead. I didnt know they were making EFI units for the flathead...
IIRC this is the early Holley EFI unit. All you need is an intake with the Holley flange, fuel supply and 12 volts.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Nice project Filly! :rockon

I always thought the old Ford Flathead was one of the coolest looking motors when done right. :beer

I will definitely be watching your build thread. :popc1:

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
If you decide to go carbed for any reason, I have a couple of clean Strombergs in the garage.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts