Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to FSB. I have a one owner 78 Bronco XLT Ranger. 351M with 78K miles. It's always been garaged and never in the snow. Paint and interior like new. Has a lift kit. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it as I have too many cars and something has to go. 78's don't bring very much and I have others. Any ideas about what these things bring?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Welcome to FSB!

Yeah they don't bring much, but that one looks halfway decent. Just to show you how nice we are around here, if it checks out, I'll give you $1K and haul it away for you. ;) Does the plow come with it just in case I would want to take it out in the snow?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to FSB. I have a one owner 78 Bronco XLT Eddie Bauer Edition. 351W with 78K miles. It's always been garaged and never in the snow. Paint and interior like new. Has a lift kit. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it as I have too many cars and something has to go. 78's don't bring very much and I have others. Any ideas what these things bring?
Hey Bronc78,
My first one was a 79 and I wish I still had it. Please don't let it go cheap. I thought the 78's had round headlights?

·
Super Moderator
26,747 Posts
Yo Bronc78,
Welcome!
It looks very good!

Here is some info for you:

1978 Bronco Dealer Brochure via member Indybronco

MANY 78 Parts Break-Out Diagrams by member Indybronco (Lula Mae) @ pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

1978 Bronco Emission Component Location Diagrams via 78brncoxlt

1978 Ford Bronco & Truck Wiring Diagrams by Ford via member Bronc Mom @ Demo78 wiring diagram.pdf

1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via member Ziggy; similar to 78.

1979 Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by member Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics
Similar to 78

Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

78 351M/400 Engine Exhaust Emission Control Information Decal & Timing by member grovermyson @ Timing - Do I need to do anything ?

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes too long to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 installed. Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tilt wheel Diagram, Tire Rack.

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Build section that requires a 30 post count & Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Try to find time to Participate and VOTE in our next Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,571 Posts
Hey Bronc78,
My first one was a 79 and I wish I still had it. Please don't let it go cheap. I thought the 78's had round headlights?
78 Broncos that were Custom level trim came with round headlights. The Ranger XLT's got the rectangular headlights in 78. In 79 they all went to rectangular. I'm sure there are some outliers or special situations (like fleet vehicles), but that's what they did for 78. Same thing went for the F-series trucks in 78.

New to FSB. I have a one owner 78 Bronco XLT Eddie Bauer Edition. 351W with 78K miles. It's always been garaged and never in the snow. Paint and interior like new. Has a lift kit. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it as I have too many cars and something has to go. 78's don't bring very much and I have others. Any ideas what these things bring?

That's a really nice looking 78!

Ford didn't have the Eddie Bauer edition in 78 and they didn't have a Windsor engine as an option, but that's the only discrepancies I see with your description. Not that you were asking. lol.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to FSB!

Yeah they don't bring much, but that one looks halfway decent. Just to show you how nice we are around here, if it checks out, I'll give you $1K and haul it away for you. ;) Does the plow come with it just in case I would want to take it out in the snow?
Appreciate your offer but I will have to pass.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
78 Broncos that were Custom level trim came with round headlights. The Ranger XLT's got the rectangular headlights in 78. In 79 they all went to rectangular. I'm sure there are some outliers or special situations (like fleet vehicles), but that's what they did for 78. Same thing went for the F-series trucks in 78.

That's a really nice looking 78!

Ford didn't have the Eddie Bauer edition in 78 and they didn't have a Windsor engine as an option, but that's the only discrepancies I see with your description. Not that you were asking. lol.
I'm bad... I should have said, Ranger and 351M. The rectangular headlights in 78 only came on on the ranger and Ranger F150 trucks.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Bronc78,
Correction... It should have read "Ranger" and 351M.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Appreciate your offer but I will have to pass.
Yeah, I knew you would, I was just pullin' your chain. Very clean 2 gen Broncos have really jumped in value the last few years. Post some more pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo Bronc78,
Welcome!
It looks very good!

Here is some info for you:

1978 Bronco Dealer Brochure via member Indybronco

MANY 78 Parts Break-Out Diagrams by member Indybronco (Lula Mae) @ pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

1978 Bronco Emission Component Location Diagrams via 78brncoxlt

1978 Ford Bronco & Truck Wiring Diagrams by Ford via member Bronc Mom @ Demo78 wiring diagram.pdf

1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via member Ziggy; similar to 78.

1979 Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by member Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics
Similar to 78

Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

78 351M/400 Engine Exhaust Emission Control Information Decal & Timing by member grovermyson @ Timing - Do I need to do anything ?

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes too long to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 installed. Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tilt wheel Diagram, Tire Rack.

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Build section that requires a 30 post count & Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Try to find time to Participate and VOTE in our next Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al
A BIG thank you for all the information. It will take me a while to disseminate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts