Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace both shock buckets on a 94 Bronco with a 4" lift and a 358 motor. The truck, when it runs, spends most of its time on the pavement and gets its off road workout during hunting season. So the question is do I buy dual shock buckets like the ones I took off or single buckets and spend the money save on two good shocks. Anyone done this?

·
Registered
67 Posts
on my lifted 78 i went from 4 shocks down to 2 and couldn't tell any difference. save the money and buy better quality shocks, thats what will make a real difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just throwing this out there, Any downside to buying the dual buckets and only running one shock in them. if not I'd do that and if you decide you need more from your shocks you can add in the second ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feed back. If any one else needs to do this, the only place I found the stock shock towers was Broncograveyard.com part numbers as follows:

Single left #33207 Single right #33205
Double left #33212 Double right #33210

There is always the junkyard but up here in the salty North you'r better of buying new.

Running one shock on the front of the double setup seems to be the most popular way, seems Ford intended the front one to be the main and the back one to be a backup. This may be why both my front ones were leaking bad and the back ones seemed fine. I also found out that when running one shock in a two shock tower it should be size for that application, it seems that running only the front one of a double pair is not the best way to go. But I am sure someone will disagree.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had 2 up front until one day I hit a nasty bump pretty fast, caught a little air and the forward ones on each side pulled completely apart! I think it was because there's bigger coils up front with the stock shocks and not enough travel. I've been rolling around with 1 and haven't noticed any problems, but I'll definitely be getting the right sized ones asap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts