Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want some guidance for online investing. What do you all use? Ameritrade Scottrade etc...? I already have an account with Edward Jones which is doing great but that is just to sit and collect so when I'm 50 I got something. I want to do more trading, get more into it, so let me know what you use.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I never did on-line trading, or any kind of trading outside mutual fund investing for that matter. I guess I'm just fiscally conservative in that respect.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
marv said:
I never did on-line trading, or any kind of trading outside mutual fund investing for that matter. I guess I'm just fiscally conservative in that respect.
Marv? conservative? Never would have guessed :toothless

Gunner, G1DEUP says just to be careful of loads and fees.
She works for an investment firm, so we don't do any online.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mom works for Edward Jones so maybe I will just invest a little more through them. Just wanted to try my hand at online trading.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
I invest through edward jones..i've had money with em since like...99

I definitly took a major hit 9/11, i lost about 40% on 2 stocks, but they were more aggresive ones, so that is a risk you take, then the circumstances, it wasn't a big deal. On my growth funds accounts i've gained 36% in hte last 2 years, believe i have putnam discovery growth fund B..i think, anyways..i have growth and an aggresive. The growth fund average out to something like 10%+ over the last 5 years, that fund i've made alot of money in lately.

Just keep your investments "safe" to so speak. Don't invest all your money in an aggresive account, spread out investments, or just invest in growth/growth-income. When i start getting excess money in my account because of my activation...sign-on bonus, overseas pay, etc, i'm sending money to an already-set-up account at edward jones to deposit it in a growth fund. Food for thought..definitly skip the savings account. The savings accounts around here were about 2-4% interest..which is really not much considering inflation. Edward jones has money markets, which, IIRC, give 6% interest and you can pull it out really quick without any fees/taxes just like a savings/checking account...i think, so check that out.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
50Gunner said:
Nobody invests?
Sorry for the delay, I don't come to the chitty area too often...

I use Scott trade for my small play investments.

I already have a very good 401k and pension with my employer for retirement, so this scott trade account I am wanting to try and grow a small sum for a new house and piece of property a bit further from town. It's actually not so much a growth instrument, as I have a fair amount of cash each month I set aside, I would just like to try and put it to better use.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,062 Posts
Check out Tradeking.com. They are super cheap, under $5 per trade with no minimum. IIRC, one of the founders of Scott Trade or one of the other big trading houses left and started this one. Barrons gave them 5 stars. It's an easy to use no frills investment service, and the site is set up very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts