204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i slid on glare ice around a sharp turn and found a guardrail at about 40 mph

it did alot more damage to the guardrail than my truck

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it should be easy to fix.....but im thinkin about buyin a new aftermarket bumper anyways, cuz i want a winch. i just hope i didnt do any frame damage because i was movin kinda fast when i hit, like 35-40, i didnt see the ice soon enough to slow down and i didnt wanna lock up the brakes

·
Registered
308 Posts
i wouldnt worry about frame damage on our year trucks. 92 and up have crumple zones in the frame up front but ours are just c channels comming out of a boxed in section.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
yeah, but the c-chanels are usually bent when the bumper is moved that much. A good anchor to tie the truck to and a comealong can repair this..but I didn't give you this information...

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I couldn't tell at first what it was you did. If you had frame damage, the damage to your bumper would have been substantial along with one or more body panels

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I'm selling mine, if you're interested...and want to spend over a grand

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
The bumper has a tweak to the end of it where it bent up toward the fender and creased it. THe passenger fender has a little bit of a crease and the passenger door has a wave to it. The previous owner said he hit a deer. Almost makes me wish he hit a guard rail.. you have barely any damage.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
show me a pic.....i dont have that type of cahs at the moment, but i just might soon
Don't worry, it wont be going any where too soon. I was thinking about it and I would take 1200 for it, not including shipping costs, but I would build the shipping crate for it.
I am going to put it in the local paper this week, still, don't see a big hurry.

this is the link to my bumper

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice i like that idea with the storage box, ill let u know man, tax return time is comin up soon, so we'll see, id really like to get my hands on that

N4R: lol, if my truck was any lower, it would've hit where ur fender is dented, and if it was any taller, i wouldve hit with the tire, and at the speed i was going, that probly would not have turned out to well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts