Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have to say thanks for all the help I have received for questions already asked. Read a TON from Steve83 and SixLitre. Hell, I already did 8.8mm plug wires, 42K ignition, took back my bosch platinums (before installation luckily) .055 gap and 13.5 degrees BTDC. WHOLE NEW TRUCK... Any other NooBS here need to practice their search skills to find that post (HINT: try keywords BUMP and UPGRADE and look for the post with 45000+ hits).
All that being said, I was so gung-ho on absorbing info here, didnt realize I should post an intro.
Here Goes

I was a chev-ole guy in the distant past, until I got a good deal on the BKO for my 16 year old son (and did the Fuel pump in 20 minutes without frustration, 350 guys laugh here). Conjure images of working on something important with your boy, sharing knowledge, no more riding the bike to school in winter, pass on the legacy, the kid should know how to fix the coil wire that falls off 35 miles from home without even thinking.... We all did, right?
I first found this forum looking for help replacing what some low-life had stolen. Woke up one morning to find that the emissions crap had all been stripped off the truck, along with the air cleaner, Optima battery, bumpers, grill, head light doors etc... With some help here, and a buddy that owns a junk yard, it was soon running (and passed emissions).
5 days later blew the rear diff. Off to Ebay for that one...
Since then I have done the ignition upgrade mentioned above, changed all the fluids, rear brakes, booster, master, radius arm bushings, trany mount, exhaust manifold gaskets. more Im sure. got to the point over the last 5 weekends that my wife was explaining my mood as "Woke up on the wrong side of the Bronco" I guess that would be underneath it? ;)
Now I have a Bronco that dollars spent per mile driven is somewhere around 4-5 :duh BUT that number will go down, Im sure. And I couldnt have done it without the help I have already found here. And my son thoroughly appreciates his ride; he's spent as much time as I have. Good for him. And good for you guys. new and old.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Welcome to the Dark Side...

We need pictures of this bronco. after all she's been through, you need to share.

what part of AZ?

·
Support by becoming a
1,314 Posts
:thumbup Welcome to the land of FSB. :beer

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Welcome to FSb..!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts