Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I see Broncos
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how it jives with your guys' schedules but I've already signed up for the Friday 10AM taping.

http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Top_Gear

Personally I think it would be interesting to see Adam's reaction to a line of Broncos in the parking lot.

·
Certified Asshat
3,746 Posts
Top Gear USA is a crime and an abomination! (or so my wife says)

We're staunch devotees to Clarkson, Hammond and May. We watched exactly one showing of TGUS and it sucked by comparison. The challenges and vehicles are just as great as ever but the presenters don't hold a candle to the Britons. Enjoy the show - just ignore the hosts. :D

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Top Gear USA is a crime and an abomination! (or so my wife says)

We're staunch devotees to Clarkson, Hammond and May. We watched exactly one showing of TGUS and it sucked by comparison. The challenges and vehicles are just as great as ever but the presenters don't hold a candle to the Britons. Enjoy the show - just ignore the hosts. :D
:stupid I only watch Clarkson, Hammond, May, and Stig

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,402 Posts
Personally I think it would be interesting to see Adam's reaction to a line of Broncos with spare tires in the parking lot.
Fixed it. :toothless

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
what the hell..I'm in sun at 930..just signed up....if my truck makes it through wheeling the day b4, lol. We should all meet up for breakfast before hand, then all cruise in together.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Top Gear Review

I got back from the Thursday taping of Top Gear. I got there at 12 noon and didnt get out untill 6pm. Got home about 45 minutes ago.

First off dont expect anybody from the show seeing your ride because you park about a quarter mile away and ride a school bus to the set.

Second make sure you eat before you get there. I didnt! They had nothing to eat, not even a donut! They did have bottled water.

Third Plan on waiting around alot. We sat and watched TG videos for the first three hours.

When we finnally got to the set. We stood around and watched an interview with Ed Barns? Take after take.....!
Then the closing of the show, take, after take, after take!
I was freaking starving!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ed Barnes?

Ed Barnes? Thats what I said. He makes movies. They had a tent setup outside a hanger with chairs and two big screens. We could hear a car and tires screeching around a track but we couldnt see much.
What you see on the show with everbody standing around. Thats what we did stand for a good hour and ahalf while they filmed the interview and closing shots of the show.
I would say that more than half the people there were paid audience from a casting company. So they got paid and I didnt even get a donut!:banghead

·
Registered
145 Posts
too bad i already missed it but the first few episodes of Top Gear USA were horrible but they've really stepped it up and it's much better now.
It's no match for the real thing, but it's good entertainment.

·
I see Broncos
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ed Barnes? Thats what I said. He makes movies. They had a tent setup outside a hanger with chairs and two big screens. We could hear a car and tires screeching around a track but we couldnt see much.
What you see on the show with everbody standing around. Thats what we did stand for a good hour and ahalf while they filmed the interview and closing shots of the show.
I would say that more than half the people there were paid audience from a casting company. So they got paid and I didnt even get a donut!:banghead
My filming was a bit better. The Star in a reasonably priced car was Patrick Warburton. Turns out he daily drives a 69 Charger. And yes it leaks oil. During filming I was able to see the next star being taught the ins and outs of the track by the Stig, then take her (?) own laps around the track. Judging from the vehicles sitting outside next to the hangar they are going to be driving... and thrashing some interesting metal.

too bad i already missed it but the first few episodes of Top Gear USA were horrible but they've really stepped it up and it's much better now.
It's no match for the real thing, but it's good entertainment.
I agree the first season seemed a bit forced and ill-put together. Then the Alaskan finale came on and that changed for the better. Speaking of which that blue C1500 step-side? They broke the frame in half on that thing! 2nd season you could tell the guys were starting to get used to one another and the writing was getting better (They actually rip into one another a little harder off camera). Now with season 3 all they need to do is keep making those small tweaks to make this show great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts