Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I disassembled an 85 5.0 last summer and am just getting it back together. I can't remember if there was anything connected to the threaded hole on the middle driver side of the lower intake manifold. A new friend game me an 87 5.0 engine, complete that had lower end problems so I could use bolts/parts and there is nothing plugged into the same hole on that engine. So does anyone have any pics or know if anything should go there?

Andrew

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
You can run a vacuum fitting/ tree from an open port, like stated to your brake booster, modulator valve on the C6 auto, cruise, etc. IF you just leave it open, you'll have a vacuum leak and a bad miss on that cylindr. IF you have another vacuum source already in use, you can just put a threaded plug in that hole in the intake. On my 88, the hole right next to the plenum opening on the driver's side- middle of the lower intake was used for the air intake temp sensor.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Could be for the intake air temperature sensor. What size is the thread?

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
Pics?

sorry but its hard to tell what hole your talking about, the lower intake usually has only 2-3 sensor holes, IAT-driver side front, ICT-front center, and on some a knock sensor

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,491 Posts
There is a knock sensor that goes on that side also. Is the hole just threaded with no ports within?

·
Registered
98 Posts
All right, sit there and think about it, guys. An INTAKE COOLANT sensor? :wacko
let me rethink that.... yup standing by it.

you know coolant does run through your intake right? there is a temp sensor, and a line running to the throttle body right there.

if you need to sit and think about it again, let me know.... i'll wait

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
The way you word it, it makes it sound like his engine is sucking in coolant instead of air. That sensor was never called an intake coolant sensor in Ford literature. Ever. You're going to confuse him with your terminology.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Yes, thank you. :D My engineer side is coming out...and it has pet peeves like that. :rofl:

·
Forward Some Money
5,097 Posts
So to clarify, ECT is Engine Coolant Temp. and IAT and Intake Air Temp.
If you try to order from Ford any other way - they will STARE. :shocked;

......and AutoZone will nod knowingly and hand you the wrong part;

Jegs will tell you they dont have it.... when they do;
...and Summit will guarantee the lowest price on whatever it turns out to be.

.......and JBG.......well....you know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts