Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this? It looks like an empty bolt hole, a little coolant splashes up or of it. 1980 bronco 300 6 cylinder

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
831 Posts
Could be the Mechanical heat source Tube pickup for the Choke system! I'm not sure what these came with from the Factory. Looks like an added Electric Choke now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the Mechanical heat source Tube pickup for the Choke system! I'm not sure what these came with from the Factory. Looks like an added Electric Choke now.
Thanks. I think that's exactly what it is. My first carb engine so all this is new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'll be fine to plug that since it has the electric choke correct?

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
Yup, choke tube. The stock setup was both a heat choke tube mixed with an electric choke.
They had a habit of rusting and snapping off over time.

Reactions: dslas6917

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, choke tube. The stock setup was both a heat choke tube mixed with an electric choke.
They had a habit of rusting and snapping off over time.
So I can plug it right. Not needed? I don't see a place that it would connect to. I've replaced all hoses, boots, spark plugs, and check valves. So I'm about to adjust choke and carb.

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
No, it's not needed. It just helps, especially in cold environments.
I ran mine without it for a long time. Just make sure your electric choke is up to par.

Reactions: dslas6917
1 - 8 of 8 Posts