Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone, I know some of you are looking at heading out for the MDR race at the end of sept. I still dont know if i will make it, I would like to though:rofl: Anyways as always we can use help on the support side for our class 9. We will be running the MORE race out at Lucerne off of camp rock road on the 13th of Sept. I fyou are interested in coming out please let me know. I think Froggman is coming out again, he was a life saver at the july race. It loks like we have the main pretty well covered and we will have one remote pit that a friend is running for us. We could use an extra hand out there and if we have the bodies I would like to have one more standby out there with a tire and water. We wil be having a small BBQ after the race and my family and I are going to be camping Thur-sun. If any of you are interested in coming out let me know. We had a great turnout at the MORE race in July and I think this one will be comparable around 130 entries or so. I will be co driving the whole race on this one and if you dont have a race radio we can probably hook you up with a loaner for sat. Hope to see some of you out there.:beer
Jeremy
Kaveman Motorsports 990

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Jeremy, As much as I would love to help you out, I'm shooting for the Sept 27 race. The front end is getting torn down next weekend and it's going to take a few weeks to get it driveable again. If something changes, I'll do my best to make it out. Best of luck on the race!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am hopeful I can meet up with you guys on the 27th but gas is killing me right now, the daily drive to san diego takes its toll.....I ma looking ofrward to seeing the progress on the front end Brian....I think my progress is a little curtailled at the moment.

On a side note I do plan on making the poker run in barstow in Oct maybe we can get a few broncos togheter for that????

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We go pretty much every year and I always have a blast, usually great weather a great cause (toys for tots) and an excuse to go camping. 25 mile loop 5 checks over some fun terrain. Very family orientated as well. My kids always have a good time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay I copied the info from the website for the Barstow poker run. It is a great time and the OCt run is all for toys ofr tots. My family and I have taken to camping a little bit from the main activities due to yahoos and such but we always have a great time. Usually we stop every check point, you can easily get 2 runs in one day, I would love to see a few Broncos out there for OCT:thumbup as we get closer I willpost up again regarding it. Hope gas keeps going down :beer

http://www.barstowpokerrun.com/index menu.html :thumbup
NEXT RUNS...April 26 & 27, 2008
October 25 & 26, 2008
The Rules...........
Two loops approximately 25 mile each, one for 4-wheel vehicles and one for motorcycles and ATV's. Families and groups may ride and drive motorcycles, ATV's and 4-wheel vehicles together on the same track after approval of event officials. Best poker hands from each day wins prizes. You can enter Sat., Sun. or both days as many times as you want. Sign up and go from 8:00a.m. to noon!!!

YOU MUST COMPLETE COURSE BY 1:30 p.m.!!! any type of Off-road vehicle can enter, however, all California Off-Road Vehicles must have a "Green-Red Sticker". All Vehicles must have spark arrester (exempt if equipped with a muffler). Helmets are required for ATV's and Motocyles entrants. No riding double on ATV's. $25.00 entry fee. Each rider/driver goes twice for a single entry fee. New motorcycles must present registration at Tech Inspection if Green/red sticker not available. FREE hats to the first 250 entries Saturday-150 on Sunday. We are sponsored by The Bureau of Land Management and cosponsored by ODoul's, the premium non-alcoholic brew from Anheuser-Busch. THIS IS NOT A RACE...this is a family event. "PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".

For Fun

SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER...........5:00 p.m. -Slash X Cafe. All you can eat BBQ/Dinner. $12.00+tax.............................. RAFFLES....................Lots of GREAT Prizes to be given away each day at 2:00 p.m.............................................. AWARDS................12 best hands form the Poker Run will win Prizes each day at 2:00 p.m.

Where ?????? 12 miles south of Barstow, CA. on Hwy 247 (Barstow Rd. to Slash X Cafe) or call(760) 252-1197 or (760)252-3093 for more info or Click on the menu below.

When????????? The last full weekends of April & October (Saturday and Sunday)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Poker run eh? I should have at least one Bronco ready (read: dependable) by then!!!

Sure one will be :histerica I remeber the last time you said that......just giving you a hard time Would love to have you out there again. Like I said I will be camping fri and sat so anyone is welcome. I usually camp just off of 247 and stoddard for this event so we are not plagued by quads/bikes runnning through camp and it only takes about 15 min to get to the start finish by slash x. Hope we can get some folks out there this time, I tried last Oct but the fires made it tough for some people. Of course my planscould change if I break mine anytime soon:cry

·
Registered
579 Posts
Poker run eh? I should have at least one Bronco ready (read: dependable) by then!!!

Sure one will be :histerica I remeber the last time you said that......just giving you a hard time Would love to have you out there again. Like I said I will be camping fri and sat so anyone is welcome. I usually camp just off of 247 and stoddard for this event so we are not plagued by quads/bikes runnning through camp and it only takes about 15 min to get to the start finish by slash x. Hope we can get some folks out there this time, I tried last Oct but the fires made it tough for some people. Of course my planscould change if I break mine anytime soon:cry
LOL What? It only broke down like what 4-5 times depending on whether you count the time at the top of the hill where we stopped.

The TFI had been replaced (the old one did test bad) which I thought solved my truck gets warm/hot shuts down problem. Turned out the cat was on it's way to getting plugged not helping the rest of the parts in the engine bay.

The brand new alternator going out was a freak accident. I'd like to take this moment to thank Optima for making kick ass batteries. And the Bros for their crazy fast alt switch out!!! Not mention just happening to have an extra alt. :toothless

Just waiting on exhaust parts to get the Armadillo back into spec. :chili:

Will do a bit more testing this time too.:duh

·
Registered
496 Posts
Okay I copied the info from the website for the Barstow poker run. It is a great time and the OCt run is all for toys ofr tots. My family and I have taken to camping a little bit from the main activities due to yahoos and such but we always have a great time. Usually we stop every check point, you can easily get 2 runs in one day, I would love to see a few Broncos out there for OCT:thumbup as we get closer I willpost up again regarding it. Hope gas keeps going down :beer

http://www.barstowpokerrun.com/index menu.html :thumbup
NEXT RUNS...April 26 & 27, 2008
October 25 & 26, 2008
The Rules...........
Two loops approximately 25 mile each, one for 4-wheel vehicles and one for motorcycles and ATV's. Families and groups may ride and drive motorcycles, ATV's and 4-wheel vehicles together on the same track after approval of event officials. Best poker hands from each day wins prizes. You can enter Sat., Sun. or both days as many times as you want. Sign up and go from 8:00a.m. to noon!!!

YOU MUST COMPLETE COURSE BY 1:30 p.m.!!! any type of Off-road vehicle can enter, however, all California Off-Road Vehicles must have a "Green-Red Sticker". All Vehicles must have spark arrester (exempt if equipped with a muffler). Helmets are required for ATV's and Motocyles entrants. No riding double on ATV's. $25.00 entry fee. Each rider/driver goes twice for a single entry fee. New motorcycles must present registration at Tech Inspection if Green/red sticker not available. FREE hats to the first 250 entries Saturday-150 on Sunday. We are sponsored by The Bureau of Land Management and cosponsored by ODoul's, the premium non-alcoholic brew from Anheuser-Busch. THIS IS NOT A RACE...this is a family event. "PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".

For Fun

SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER...........5:00 p.m. -Slash X Cafe. All you can eat BBQ/Dinner. $12.00+tax.............................. RAFFLES....................Lots of GREAT Prizes to be given away each day at 2:00 p.m.............................................. AWARDS................12 best hands form the Poker Run will win Prizes each day at 2:00 p.m.

Where ?????? 12 miles south of Barstow, CA. on Hwy 247 (Barstow Rd. to Slash X Cafe) or call(760) 252-1197 or (760)252-3093 for more info or Click on the menu below.

When????????? The last full weekends of April & October (Saturday and Sunday)
We should get a bronco speed turn out for this it would be sweet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts