Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as some of you know, I've been seeing this friend of mine for the past 6 months. he's been there for me through thick and thin, even when I didn't ask him to be, from lending me $$ for bills and mortgage and letting me use his car for 2 months, all after not even knowing him for barely a month! We've gone well beyond just friends. For the first couple months I was ok with just being friends with benifits, than I started doing the dumb thing of falling for him. We both just werent ready for that,and I was ok with it, than a month ago we talked as I couldnt keep my feelings in any longer...we both agreed that right now wasnt the best time, since we both had needed to move back in with family and new jobs, etc. But he said once we are back on our feet, he'd like to pursue something more serious.
Well nearly every day I email him about how I'm feeling and stuff I'd like to do with him :brownbag and other naughty things lol I've said i love you lots in the written form, just no guts to say it out loud. But my question is this, how much is too much? Am I pushing it with sending these kinds of emails all the time? Should I limit them? He hasnt said anything about them,along those lines, so if he isn't saying that it's too much, etc. I'm guessing it's ok?
I've learned from experiance that guys need to be told flat out what I want from them. And they've usually given me the truthful answer. Should I outright ask him if I'm pushing it? Or is asking via email enough? I NEED help here guys! I don't want to screw this up! I've never ever in my life felt this strongly for someone before. Maybe I'm just worrying too much?
Thanks guys :kiss

·
huh
7,195 Posts
send me the emails and attachments.. ill proof read them, make sure they are ok and send them back..

·
huh
7,195 Posts
Queen of the Forest said:
Hahahaha....trust me, just about all of them would make you blush twice.... :brownbag

twice.. is that all you got!!!!

emails give people time to think and respond.. in person, people panic.. well thats how i see it anyway..

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have plenty, don't worry ;) LOL

yeah I know, I'd rather be in person when talking, but sometimes I like to just send a quick note now and than, or some ideas ;) Maybe I should just slack off a bit and be patient and wait till we are both moved out of our parents homes again! ;) Thiough we'll still see each other when possible :brownbag Just like we've been doing, just need to be patient :thumbup

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
If he's never let on that you are smothering him, then it may not be a problem. I think you should ask him though. Or, if it never seems like the right time to bring it up, then give a few days between emails and phone calls. Give him just enough to let him know that you are still interested, but limit it enough to make him want to hear from you. I was in a simular situation/relationship, and the girl got too clingy. I miss her now, but at the time it was too much. If she would have just watered it down a little, we might still be together. ( oh yeah, I told her that she was smothering me, but it was as if she didn't hear me) Just my .02. I'm sure you'll figure it out. :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Zilla's right an e-mail don't freak you out as bad as face to face...BUT...(you knew there was a but in here right??) Honesty is best...ask if it's too much, find out if he's uncomfertable...guys tend to act all cool, but one day it goes to far and bam...they panic and bolt. (which is exactly what your afraid of) Just take it slow, and follow your heart...:shrug

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
well i'm not gonna pretend like i know lots about love or anything, but i love getting little emails or messages every once in a while from the gf. but everyday, that would be a little much for me. i like being independent, but still having someone to fall back on and share the personal stuff with. its nice to love someone, but not be addicted to them if you know what i mean.

just my .02 and your guy may be totally different; best of luck either way:beer

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
We all want a whore in the bedroom and betty crocker in the kitchen.just ask him what he wants and it will usually be the right mix of the two he can bring home to mom.

don't believe anyone who says otherwise.....they are either geeks or weirdos

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Lykus 101:

stop being this guy's welcome mat. Start backing off. Put some of this on him.

If the graphic discriptions of your Sheet Olympics strategy ain't making any impact, you may be trying TOO hard. Just relax... calm down... and stop trying so hard. Go out with some one else... otherwise, you risk just becoming a booty call.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,680 Posts
Sounds like your getting a bit carried away to me. :shrug
But then... I hate feeling crowded/rushed. Some dudes dig that kinda thing.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys :D
I guess if I feel like what I'm doing is too much, than maybe it is and it's time for me to back off a bit and just chill. He hasn't said anything about it being too much or anything...but than again, maybe he's just doing that to not hurt me or whatever. So from now on, when he gets online, I'll let him be the first to say hi for now, maybe e-mail once a week or so and NOT every day or every other day.
Maybe I just try too hard becuase all the other guys I've dated (or the one I was married to ) were all dick's and only cared about themselves. I mean he told me to STOP worrying about things, he has no desire to see anyone else and to talk to him.
I, myself have no desire to see anyone else either, I don't need that, there was a time in my life where I did that, but that's behind me.
Anyway, we're supposed to get together next week sometime, as he's helping me with some paperwork I need to get together, so maybe I'll just wait to talk to him than, face to face, and see what he says ;) No mushy e-mails between now and than, and have him make the FIRST move when we're both online...that sound good? ;)
Thanks guys :hug:
Sorry for doing a mushy post not related to trucks...lol

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NOBS! said:
We all want a whore in the bedroom and betty crocker in the kitchen.just ask him what he wants and it will usually be the right mix of the two he can bring home to mom.

don't believe anyone who says otherwise.....they are either geeks or weirdos
There's no worries in those departments :brownbag :toothless

Oh yeah and as far as the graphic discriptions of my sheet olympics...he incourages that actually ;) he likes to hear my um...new ideas :toothless Just I get new ideas...and I want to share them with him right away...maybe, I'll just write my um...ideas down and e-mail a bunch of them once a week or so instead? A creative mind is a BAD thing to waste :beer

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
if he likes it keep doing it.

I know my girldfreind use to send me TONS of emails and it used to bug me, she backed off on them though wich was nice.

The one thing that I know bugged me 100% was when EVERY email was dirty. Its all good and fun a couple times a week or so but every single one doesnt need to be about sex or any of that jazz.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not every email is dirty and pertains to sex, some of them are just me saying hi or asking a question about something etc. or how his day went or mine.

Well, I guess everyone could try and give me a heart of stone, that would take care of my emotions . LOL But that's just not me...

·
Slow Noob
1,220 Posts
i've dated a few girls that were a little smothering, but of course, i've been like that a few times myself. some people don't like e-mails everyday or phone calls everyday, but others do. to me, it just depends on the connection the 2 of you have with each other.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
Queen of the Forest said:
A creative mind is a BAD thing to waste
I don't know how you're phrasing these emails, but instead of "this is what I'd like to do to you" kinda stuff, have you thought about writing it in the form of a story? Hit me up on IM next time you get a minute, and I'll show you the story I wrote and a website I hang out on occasionally. Stories can sometimes be alot more fun than just 'this what I'm thinking.' Puts a new twist on it. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
...do share mels lol. doo share. what website would this be?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts