Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know i am building a 77 f-150 for wheeling duties. I cant afford to beat on my DD bronco. But anyways, im still trying to get that other bronco (see "Special edition Bronco" thread) for the lift kit and other misc parts. While i work the details out with that im doing the shackle flip in the back on my f150. After taking the whole rear end out I found this nice present: (cracked leaf)

The whole leaf will come right out if i try. What can/should i do about it? I have these from my f-250:

Should i take apart the whole pack and put it back together with those other leafs? (or is it leaves, lol) Or should i get newer bronco/f-150 springs. or both? I want to get about 6 inches of total lift.

These were in the mix too: Should i get rid of them?

The passenger side shackle came loose when i loosened the bolt but the drivers side is being a PITA. Id put the torch on it and heat up that rubber bushing but the gas tank filler is right behind it. Dont mind the u bolt i stuck it there.

And lastly: LOOK MA NO LEGS!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
First, that's alot of faith you have in whatever's holding up the rear end. If I were you, I'd find another set of stock springs, and add a pair of 1" blocks to the lift - if you're using F250 hangers, or use 2" blocks if you're using F150 hangers

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
I made my own brackets that match up with the 6" front pretty good. Pinion angle is great, too. Not sure about that cracked leaf. Maybe you could try those from the 250? I'm sure it would be stiffer, but maybe you want the extra load capability?

Are those the factory blocks? If so, You should be able to lose them with the flip.

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
davids78bronco said:
First, that's alot of faith you have in whatever's holding up the rear end. If I were you, I'd find another set of stock springs, and add a pair of 1" blocks to the lift - if you're using F250 hangers, or use 2" blocks if you're using F150 hangers

looks like a engine hoist...

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clear things up a bit i wasnt under there without jackstands. thats just silly. I pulled the rear end out, took the stands out and took the pic. then put it back on the stands. The only thing that i was worried about breaking was the bumper. The frame i built is not going to budge.

looks like a engine hoist...
Its also my swing set.:wacko

1 - 8 of 8 Posts