Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious of anyone that takes the time to look at this flywheel and pressure plate; what their thoughts are??

Don't sugar code your opinion either, if you tell me that is completely driver created, that is the kind of info I am looking for. I feel that it has been slipping slighlty and or it was contaminated with grease when put together.

Just for some back ground this is off of a 2017 GT Mustang, 3900 Miles. I took the clutch off as its a known failure on these cars and its getting replaced. The trans is out as 5th gear is gone and it is currently at a dealer. (There is a long story behind that if you think its weird they are not doing the whole thing, I cannot give details until situation resolved)

:thumbup

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,464 Posts
It looks like a standard clutch design, but Ford's been having big problems with their dual-friction (I think that's what they call it) clutches in their latest HP models. That does show consistent heat checking in the entire friction area, as opposed to someone doing burnouts, where the heat checks are always 'blossomed' from inconsistent points on the friction surfaces. IMHO, this is a bad problem, almost like the machining settings are off, or the Belleville spring just isn't putting enough pressure on the pressure plate. Those are only guesses, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts