• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a set of Warn axle shafts from a guy in the states, brand new for $400. And I'm planning on throwing some CTMs in it. with this combo what locker would you choose?

I can get a detroit from a freind for $300.

I only drive to and from the trail no winter driven and this isn't my daily driver. See sig for truck specs.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
with the enviroment you drive in mud,rocks, etc and no "real" road use I would say the Detroit

it is the most durable of them and will slip enough to drive te road to the trail without excessive bind .... if you were going to bigger tires in the future I would want more 'slip' to take some strain off of the shafts, but if you stay with the 36's I would go Detroit all the way :thumbup

no real need to spend $$$ on the ARB from my perspective :shrug

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya solid 44.

There's a guy here racing a with 300+ HP and 39 Boggers with this combo hasn't busted a thing:)

I will go bigger someday. But not for a few years

·
Registered
178 Posts
Go with the detroit and leave the arb for the Jeep yuppies

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
broncofreak2000 said:
Go with the detroit and leave the arb for the Jeep yuppies
Ya know thats funny. I asked on the local board. They're almost all Jeeps. They all say to Get the ARB:)

Hey Races in Offroad races. Outback challenga, malasiya challenge. Stuff like that.

Um My mini spool i sstaying in my bronco. Thats in my Rear axle. I'm wanting this stuff for a front axle:) But if you want it I'll sell it to ya for say.. $800. That should pay for a detrout and installation.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Detroits are awesome but you have to take into accouting that steering a fully non-selectable locker in the mud while accelarating is going to be very difficult.
Plus not to mention that lockers are hard on drivetrain parts anyway.
Dave Blue IMO is pretty damn hardcore and he is using ARB. That should say enough.

Selectable in the front is the way to go unless you see nothing but rocks.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UM RUN what front and rear arbs or detroits?

I have the money for either I just need to decide. If I go ARb thats less I can spend on other stuff cause I need the compressor also.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
well if you are made of money do the ARB in the front and a Detroit in the rear ... ultimatly if I had a CHOICE that's what O would do :thumbup

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got a spool in the rear. dont' wanna take the axle apart just yet.,.

I need to go track down some ****er here that decided to get rid of an axle I bought from him when I bought my 44., He doesn't hear from me(has my number and contact info). in 3 weeks cause I dont' have time to pick it up. So I email him about getting it tonight. And he tells me he got rid of it...:mad: :mad:

We'll see if I can get half my money back or the 9" rear axle with 4.10s I was promised.. Or I'll have to get the law involved in this.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Bronco85 said:
got a spool in the rear. dont' wanna take the axle apart just yet.,.

I need to go track down some ****er here that decided to get rid of an axle I bought from him when I bought my 44., He doesn't hear from me(has my number and contact info). in 3 weeks cause I dont' have time to pick it up. So I email him about getting it tonight. And he tells me he got rid of it...:mad: :mad:

We'll see if I can get half my money back or the 9" rear axle with 4.10s I was promised.. Or I'll have to get the law involved in this.

Hang em high!

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Drilim Get this he says it's my fault. I said I just forgot about the axle Been so damned busy. He says that He should charge me 45 days storage fees for holding on to the axle....

God Damn, I'm way to trusting. Anyone know any lawyers in alaska that would lend me their services?

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
They're out of Massachusetts. The firm name is

Smith and Wesson.

funny...that's the name that came to mind and when I went to post I saw you got them involved already :thumbup

1 - 20 of 29 Posts