Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i'm new here but i want to get some opinions. I bought a 78 bronc for $100 a few weeks ago. It runs and drives great, but the body is unrepairable. My plans are to make a very CHEAP truck that will equate to tons of fun on the trails and at the dunes. I was given a set of 17/40-15 ground hawgs for it. So far i chopped the fenders and lowered the coil buckets on the frame, gained 3". I need to get your guys opinions on how to clear these tires cheap. I don't mind putting in lots of work or time but i want this truck to be built cheap. I'v heard of a shackle flip but can't find much info, do you use the stock brackets? I do have a body lift for it but prefer not to install. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I run 40in boggers with only a 4in suspension lift and 3in body. Lots of clearance. The 3in lift and plenty of fender trimming will work very good. I did trim about 3in off the fenders

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
those huge meats on the stock half ton stuff will break alot of parts.

·
Registered
606 Posts
sell the 40's, buy some 35's, with the money, and wheel the piss out of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i lowerd the buckets i bent the bottom part over against the frame the i TIG welded them to the frame. I do have 35's that came on it but the 40's are way cooler! I'm not worried about breakin parts:doh: it has happened lots in the past and will happen again. Plus i've got a few Miscellaneous doner vehicles layin around where i can source parts.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
If you are on a budget then reuse the rear shackles and just flip them. I think you also have to move them 1" in when you do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts