Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get some input on what would be the best shocks i can put on my bronco. the truck has a 6" superlift system on it and 35"m/t mtz. in my opinon, the super lift shocks are horrorable. and i mainly use her for traveling back and forth to work on the nj turnpike. believe me between exit 11 and 16 ain't the smoothest ride in the world. thanks guys

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
I'd look into a Nitrogen charged shock - Edlebrock has a very very nice adjustable shock - or check out Rancho RSX's or 9000's if you want the adjustability. Cage makes shocks - but i think those are tailered to their coils.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
School me on what mono tube means? Have an example of a monotube and not a monotube?

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
I still think the best shocks I've ever run are the rancho rs/rsx 9000's. I love the abillity to adjust them for the hwy and off road.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
So what is the story with Cage shocks then - they are a Twin Tube design...

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
So what is the story with Cage shocks then - they are a Twin Tube design...
Odds are they are just a rebadged Pro Comp or Rancho (Can't think of the company name at the moment)

There are what like 3-4 major manufacturers, if that?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Odds are they are just a rebadged Pro Comp or Rancho (Can't think of the company name at the moment)

There are what like 3-4 major manufacturers, if that?
More like 2. No offense to Cage and others, but any suspension kit manufacturer still using and recommending mono-tube shocks is behind the times. Any truck that sees regular road use should have high-pressure mono-tube shocks.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ok - so what type of shock should I run with a 6.5" progressive Cage coil? I'll need like 14" of travel.

·
Registered
315 Posts
14 inches of travel out of a standard 6" lift? that's pretty impressive isn't it? I have used rancho and had luck with them but I expect a "truck ride" so I eat more beef so I sit in the bronco with a "driver standard" padding

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
14 inches of travel out of a standard 6" lift? that's pretty impressive isn't it? I have used rancho and had luck with them but I expect a "truck ride" so I eat more beef so I sit in the bronco with a "driver standard" padding
Hes not doing a standard 6 inch lift, hes doing an SAS.

Any shock any that could possibly be needed is in the link posted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts