Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scouring through some old 4x mags, and got a good chuckle out of this Optima Ad:

I'll have to remember step 3. :histerica

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
ha ha ha that's funny. I've never seen that before

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I remember watching an add where a guy shot a yellow top with a hand gun and put it in a vehicle (with a hole in the side of it) and was able to start the car. Who wants to try it and find out if it really works?

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
I remember watching an add where a guy shot a yellow top with a hand gun and put it in a vehicle (with a hole in the side of it) and was able to start the car. Who wants to try it and find out if it really works?

This one was temporarily swapped in my bro's Bronco 2 few years back. battery tray broke and rubbed a hole in the side...it started fine (although a tiny v6) but started smoking under the hood from the acid eating the rust.:histerica

·
Super Moderator
26,319 Posts
lol
I may get a new style hockey jersey with the backside tie-downs

·
0 Posts
thats funny...

optimas are junk though

dc
Trolling for a argument? :goodfinge

Right now, i am squishing the head on that little red dog in your avatar

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Trolling for a argument? :goodfinge

Right now, i am squishing the head on that little red dog in your avatar
For an offroad rig, i think they're good, they can take alot of abuse and 0 maitenance. For an average DD, you can get a good quality battery with better warranty for 1/2 the price...

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
Funny ad! I'm staying out of this one...

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
not trying to start an argument... i never am... discussion :D
i just havent been happy with them... ive never had a problem with "shock" dmg to a regular battery... so i dunno if i see the point...

theyre a little pricey...i would say 1/2 the price... 20-30 more... and ive witness 4 go bad now... all under a yr old... they blow holes and piss acid all over the place... customer support sucked on that one... ruined the paint on a buddies 00 chevy fender...

ive just seen alot go bad... go dead... i dunno... i think its all just hype... the serious CCA isnt a big deal, they have similar cranking amps to all other good batteries... cranking amps that arent necessarily required... and not worth the cost difference...
i just dont get it...:shrug ... ive got a red top in my truck... it was a free replacement b/c i bought the first one only to find it defective... they gave me this one as a replacement... its fine, i just dont see the big deal though... my last one exploded :brownbag

dc

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
not trying to start an argument... i never am... discussion :D
i just havent been happy with them... ive never had a problem with "shock" dmg to a regular battery... so i dunno if i see the point...

theyre a little pricey...i would say 1/2 the price... 20-30 more... and ive witness 4 go bad now... all under a yr old... they blow holes and piss acid all over the place... customer support sucked on that one... ruined the paint on a buddies 00 chevy fender...

ive just seen alot go bad... go dead... i dunno... i think its all just hype... the serious CCA isnt a big deal, they have similar cranking amps to all other good batteries... cranking amps that arent necessarily required... and not worth the cost difference...
i just dont get it...:shrug ... ive got a red top in my truck... it was a free replacement b/c i bought the first one only to find it defective... they gave me this one as a replacement... its fine, i just dont see the big deal though... my last one exploded :brownbag

dc

user error :goodfinge

1 - 15 of 15 Posts