Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
I bought a Red Top about 4 years ago for my drag truck and all it does is sit on the side of the house, They hold a charge real good.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I had a yellow top in my f150 loved having power for hours without having to start it. Got rid of the f1 and it sat for three months unused, never came back. Put a red top in my cent and love it. Sat for over a year and held a good charge , still running strong! If you want some eye candy add a balistic fab holder. I ditched the stocker and mounted mine to the core support next to the rad, looks good with the skull laser cutouts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great batteries, I've had my yellowtop for prolly a year now and am getting 2 more soon. Lots of people hate on optimas, they're like anything else, love em or hate em. I give them :thumbup:thumbup

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a yellow top in one of my old vehicles and to tell you the truth I was very dissapointed I got about a year out of it before it would not take a charge at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess i will give it a try, also. I need to change may anyways. I have an old small battery that i don't know how it starts every day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We use the red top in our diesel generators at work(Mil base) they are good batteries, my only complaint is if the battery goes dead they usually dont last that much longer after the recharged.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,300 Posts
To each his own but I've lost my faith since they moved manufacturing to Mexico,
Search as there are several recent threads going into detail on these.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To each his own but I've lost my faith since they moved manufacturing to Mexico,
Search as there are several recent threads going into detail on these.
Mexico? Great...just like Levis.
What batteries do you like that are made here?

Sounds like over all they're getting good reviews on this thread. I am planning on spending a lot of time in desert climates...and I know batteries don't last long out there. A red top would probably be more my speed as I don't plan on winding up "upside down." I also dig the design on their 6v - maybe that would be a good little battery to have in the back for powering stereo equipment.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Like I said people either love em or hate em, no middle ground when it comes to optimas. Good batteries IMO:thumbup:thumbup

·
Registered
144 Posts
How many people with these "unchargeable" batteries recharged them with optima's specific instructions?

For instructions clicky me.
I did but optimas instructions look nothing like the instructions you listed in the link. I have listed optimas instructions and they also have another set in their faqs. Like I said mine went dead for no reason and wouldnt hold a charge. They also stopped making optimas for my other car the s2000 because that battery kept having issues as well. I doubt I would spend money on an optima unless it was a deal cheaper than a normal battery.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/product_support/charging.php

·
Registered
130 Posts
any batteries life is going to drastically shorten if it goes completely dead, and yea gotta use optimas charging instructions. but yea love optimas there are some other brands off spiral gel cell batteries that are just as good but cheaper btw

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a yellow top in my f150 loved having power for hours without having to start it. Got rid of the f1 and it sat for three months unused, never came back. Put a red top in my cent and love it. Sat for over a year and held a good charge , still running strong! If you want some eye candy add a balistic fab holder. I ditched the stocker and mounted mine to the core support next to the rad, looks good with the skull laser cutouts.
Sounds pretty can I see a pic?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Put a pair in my 4 door and one in my father's abused and neglected F250, they're the best!! Worth the price! About to put one in my man's new TDI too!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ive killed mine, jumped it still runs like a champ w/o any problem. Got loose one time and knock a hole in the side, patched it up with some RTV and still rocking. Recommend the hell out of it.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts