Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the gentlemen on the phone several times about ordering stock leafs and coils for the above bronco. He did not ask to many questions about the bronco. It is stock, 5.0 xlt, and quad shock on front. I do tow a 20' boat 4 times a month, told him that also.

I saw on their site they listed 2 of these, 1700 were the others. I do not have a warm fuzzy about this after reading several threads about 1700lbs being stock. Any insight on this? I did shoot them a email to double check.

I am not sure if I ordered the correct ones or not. I do not want it to ride rougher than it already is unloaded do to being a DD. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the rear axle weight rating listed on your door jamb sticker?
OOOPS!!!! I forgot that one, wish he would have asked me that would have been glad to go look. Man I am really ignorant. I'll go look and reply, hope its not to late. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1710kg or spring code of J4D ? make any sence? 1710kg = 3762 lbs divided by 2 guess 1881? Well looks like I screwed up. no where near 1360 or whatever their spring is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes please do Big Matt. upon further research off other spring sites, seems that the 1700lbs is stock. JBG has 2 under 1700lbs stock height pn 33548, and +2" p/n33250

Ain't hind site 20/20, guess I got in to big a rush and was not positive or understood this when talking to their sales dept. Hope I can catch it before the ship goes out monday 1st thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for anyone following this, I called them back this morning, jbg assured me that 95's did not come with 1700 lbs springs. I even gave him the rear load of 1710kg or 3600lbs and the spring code off of the door sticker.

He did say that every 1700lbs spring they have will add 2" regardless of which p/n given. Some customers have returned them for that reason.

well if it is not enough to handle any towing guess I'll get the road master active suspension. Thanks for every ones help. Big Matt let us know how the 1700S work for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Will do, I have the superlift front coils too which are suppose to add 1-2 inches of lift as well so it should be fine for my situation. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics of everything

·
Registered
408 Posts
for anyone following this, I called them back this morning, jbg assured me that 95's did not come with 1700 lbs springs. I even gave him the rear load of 1710kg or 3600lbs and the spring code off of the door sticker.

He did say that every 1700lbs spring they have will add 2" regardless of which p/n given. Some customers have returned them for that reason.

well if it is not enough to handle any towing guess I'll get the road master active suspension. Thanks for every ones help. Big Matt let us know how the 1700S work for you.
yeah and they also said that the front and rear spring eye was the same on all factory leafs and assured me that the bushings they were ordering me would be the right ones and fit. Guess what, they were the wrong size even after I gave him the exact dimensions of my spring eye's! Imagine that.

Called NPD, and they knew exactly what I was talking about and pulled them off the shelf and measured them with me on the phone.

That is only one of many messed up things from that I have had from that place. Then on top of that, he wanted me to pay to ship them back and not reimburse me for it! I will not do business with them....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ouch!!! bds that sucks!!!! now I feel really screwed. I thought that a bronco parts site like theirs jbg would be better. hope I don't find out the hard way.

btw would you mind posting the p/n you used. if mine don't work out I will use them. thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
408 Posts
ouch!!! bds that sucks!!!! now I feel really screwed. I thought that a bronco parts site like theirs jbg would be better. hope I don't find out the hard way.

btw would you mind posting the p/n you used. if mine don't work out I will use them. thanks for the insight.
Don't remember what PN it was, but it was the "alternate" bushing in the NPD catalog. I just remembered it wasn't the rear either, it was the front that was different. You might want to make sure to measure the bolt size of the front bushing, if you have a factory spring with the "alternate" bushing size, the bolt will be bigger. If the leaf that you ordered has the smaller bushing, it very well may have the smaller bolt also. If the new leaf has the smaller bolt, you will have to change the front spring bracket to the one for the smaller bolt.

I found all this out the hard way, I was in the middle of changing all the bushings and brackets on my rear suspension, and low and behold the front bushing didn't fit! The only place I could get the front bracket was from the dealer, and they did list TWO brackets for the 95 bronco, as well as 2 bushings for the front, but the bushing I needed was discontinued. NPD was the only place that had it. I searched EVERYWHERE, and that is the only place to get them.

Apparently only 95 and 96 bronco's had a different front spring eye size, and even then it was only ones with certain options. That's what the dealer told me.

If it helps, mine is a 95 XLT, 351w, e4od, elec xfer case, auto hubs, quad shocks, factory tranny cooler, factory trailer harness and hitch 3.55 gears and open rear diff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the springs came in today. At least the bushings seem right. the bigger bolt will not go into the rear bushing thats ok, the other spring the bigger bolt will go half way thru then stop, guess it will be ok.

There is a big difference in the leaf pack that is on the bronc now compaired to what jbg sent.

My pack has 4 leafs and 1 really short thick one that sits on the angle block. JBG has 3 leafs and one long flat (which is twice as long as my shortest one) that would sit on top of the angle block.

Do I need to use my really short leaf with the new pack? Maybe their design uses 1 less leaf to achieve the same results don't know. Hope the coils will be ok.

On a positive note, got my stock drive shaft in today from Eric on this site. Man it is nice. Even got it quicker than he expected to send it. BIG THANKS TO ERIC!!!!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm sure any of those springs are better than what's in my truck. The PO put 1 ton springs in the back and there is probably no movement going down the road, I think the rear end just bounces. If they weren't so expensive I would switch them out but $300 is hard to justify when what I have works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update, been out of town and working on the beast. I call JBG again on Friday to ask one last time about those springs.

Talked to a different person this time not Mark.

The pack is built with 1 leaf less but will be the same weight capacity as the stock spings and height This is how JBG has them manufactured.

They were 2" shorter due to being new. My original ones are wore out so they expanded 2" longer. When he explained this it made sence to me. Wish Mark would have explained this to me in the begining would have eased the stress of not looking or measuring the same as the originals.

Hope this may help others. I should have the beast back on the road tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it works out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey Matt, That sure does look good with the new springs. How does it ride? Also did you take it to have an alignment done. Mine has gone really smooth replaced rear axle assy, changed axle oil, rear brakes, drive shaft from Eric, rear springs. Almost done with the rear then onto the front coils.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts