Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· House of Windsor 4ever!
10,697 Posts
I remember those commercials; always watched the Ford ones. But I saw the one for the '83 4.9L F150 with a 30 MPG highway claim; anyone with a carbonated 4.9L and 4-speed OD get that kind of mileage?:scratchhe

I didn't think so.:doh0715:

· Registered
1,594 Posts
If you read the fine print it said, "Mileage will vary based on driving coditions, style, actual highway, blah, blah, blah, your mileage will be lower"

I don't doubt you could get one to bust out 30mpg on a controlled dyno run at 55mph.

Justin

· Registered
616 Posts
I haven't searched very hard but has anyone found the old ones from the early/mid 80's(?) where a Ford would carry a Chevy or Dodge up a rough, steep mountain side?
Those were badass

· Fullsize Member
2,845 Posts
I haven't searched very hard but has anyone found the old ones from the early/mid 80's(?) where a Ford would carry a Chevy or Dodge up a rough, steep mountain side?
Those were badass
There has to be a clip of what you're talking about somewhere. This must be from one of those clips-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.