Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i love the bit where the ford carries that chevy over the wrecked cars,... bone stock too lol!

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,565 Posts
I remember those commercials; always watched the Ford ones. But I saw the one for the '83 4.9L F150 with a 30 MPG highway claim; anyone with a carbonated 4.9L and 4-speed OD get that kind of mileage?:scratchhe

I didn't think so.:doh0715:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you read the fine print it said, "Mileage will vary based on driving coditions, style, actual highway, blah, blah, blah, your mileage will be lower"

I don't doubt you could get one to bust out 30mpg on a controlled dyno run at 55mph.

Justin

·
Registered
605 Posts
I haven't searched very hard but has anyone found the old ones from the early/mid 80's(?) where a Ford would carry a Chevy or Dodge up a rough, steep mountain side?
Those were badass

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
I haven't searched very hard but has anyone found the old ones from the early/mid 80's(?) where a Ford would carry a Chevy or Dodge up a rough, steep mountain side?
Those were badass
There has to be a clip of what you're talking about somewhere. This must be from one of those clips-

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,565 Posts
There has to be a clip of what you're talking about somewhere. This must be from one of those clips-
Yes, by God, it is! There was a later one where the Ford carried the Chev and towed the Dodge at the same time!:chili::rockon

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, by God, it is! There was a later one where the Ford carried the Chev and towed the Dodge at the same time!:chili::rockon
hahahaaaar!,.... now that would get the gm crowd pissed!:toothless:histerica:thumbup:beer:rockon:drinkbud

1 - 18 of 18 Posts