Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
whats are the biggest tires that that I could mount on the original stell rims?
Thanks
Norbert

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I think he's asking how wide. You could probably do the "standard" width of 12.5" if you're going up to 35's or 33's.

If you're going bigger than that, than i imagine the tire is gonna be wider as well, and thats when you're going to want to get a wider rim.

·
TTB Will Survive
246 Posts
Goodyear makes the wrangler/mud in a 37" x 15" x 12.5. Great tire with the 3 ply side wall for rocks etc.. (basically this is max), the only problem would be if you haven't lifted your bko, than it just won't fit under your truck. Also 37" is pushing it with cromemoly shafts on the 8.8 and d44 front with mm/hubs or warn hubs. blah blah blah. Going larger than 37" your tire will start to role when crawling, and in addition if you go larger you will want d60 upfront and 10.25 in the back so you will need D60's and 10.25 which normally need at least a 16" rim min. Hopefully I didn't read to much into this question or say to much. Have fun with what ever you do.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
wow bronco dan, he was just asking about tire width, haha.

Ive seen 12.5's on stock wheels, wider then that, you gotta start looking at 10in wide rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts