Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed that places like JBG 75% of their stuff is 'out of stock' because of China induced supply chain issues? Im amazed their doors are still open.

Has anyone read the front page of LMC Truck letter to customers from Becky? Because of the pandemic squeeze, many companies like hers are selling out to larger holding companies who will trim the catalog to like 50% of the most profitable items?

I had an old 280ZX and sold it. I sold it because what good is a classic car that you cannot get parts for?

....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,405 Posts
This too shall pass... like all things, the squeeze will lead to an abundance, high prices will lead to low prices, there is a balance in all things, and just because it swung too far one direction, only means it will swing back the otther direction just as drastically. High lease prices, will lead to plummeting sales, plummeting sales lead to massive discounts, its a ride none of us are enjoying & I also hope these companies survive this disruption.

What it really highlighted for me, is how as a country, we should focus on being self sufficient, and remove the thought of outsourcing work to foreign countries & globalization, as we clearly have been shown its dangers.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My last Bronco spent 9 mos in the shop up on 3 ft welders jacks
Entire power train came out
When I was done, it was like a new truck
I liked it, and drove it more than my Caddy !
It basically became my daily driver and I sold the caddy !!

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,727 Posts
Well, i have 2 bronco's I'm working on...the first one has been a "proper" restoration, very much been replace over repair. It hasn't been cheap, but it's really nice bolting on shiny new clean parts.

The second one has been more repair over replace...and it has actually been more fun (and way cheaper) to work on. A big reason for that though is also the final expectations, that first one I expect to look like a new one when i'm finished, the second one I just want to function properly, it don't have to be the prettiest...so that plays a big part in my stress level over the aesthetics of the repair, lol.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,405 Posts
I'm waiting on shocks I ordered from Summit in January, they said April 12th, then mid-April i got a new email saying June 28th.

Good thing I have the truck in 1000 pieces right now & don't need them. It's kind of a pack your patience time in this instant gratification world that we live in.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,435 Posts
Hey, if the Cubans can keep their cars from the 50's running with lawn mower parts and duct tape, I'm sure we can figure out a way even with the supply chain hits..I also agree with @Rob_64-365 , this will pass at some point..in the near term though it's going to be painful just like those gas prices..

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
515 Posts
I think we are in a better situation than most folks.
  1. There are tens of thousands of Broncos still on the road.
  2. There is still a good supply of "barn" and backyard finds
  3. There are still many Broncos in junkyards. These used parts are not going for a premium, ....yet
  4. We share the save drivetrain and body parts as tens and maybe hundreds of thousands of Ford trucks.
  5. Many of our drivetrain components are the same as any ford SBF vehicle.
  6. There is great interchangeability between years in parts.
  7. There is tons of performance parts and aftermarket parts. Suspension, wheels, bumpers, lift kits.....
  8. There are still OEM parts available in some cases

Be lucky we don't collect old MG cars, or have a Volvo 1800, or drive a Jaguar XKE.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
8,159 Posts
Our broncos will be looking like they came out of a Mad Max movie in a few years
Mine is 1/3 the way there already...

Agree with most it should get better eventually, but it is hard to get somethings right now. Tires are very hit/miss at times, even more common 16/17 sizes

·
Registered
481 Posts
Our broncos will be looking like they came out of a Mad Max movie in a few years
Funny you should say that. I had a 1919A4 30 Cal belt fed, and was seriously looking at a ring mount to put on the back of the '89..............

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,727 Posts
Funny you should say that. I had a 1919A4 30 Cal belt fed, and was seriously looking at a ring mount to put on the back of the '89..............
That sorta thing might get a fellow nominated for full size of the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,676 Posts
Just dont end up like the last guy to do that... I think he is still in jail for unrelated crimes.

FYI if you are short on links, Numrich has 20 packs of NIB surplus for like 5 bucks.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,435 Posts
Mine is 1/3 the way there already...

Agree with most it should get better eventually, but it is hard to get somethings right now. Tires are very hit/miss at times, even more common 16/17 sizes
same here...

·
Registered
93 XLT, 305W, E4OD, BW1356
3 Posts
There are no car service stations familiar with Bronco in my area at all. Nevertheless, the Bronco is being repaired. Unification is common in cars. And yes, sometimes ordering the manufacture of spare parts individually is cheaper than buying on Ebay.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just dont end up like the last guy to do that... I think he is still in jail for unrelated crimes.

FYI if you are short on links, Numrich has 20 packs of NIB surplus for like 5 bucks.
Well, I had 1000 links. But, doesn't matter now, I sold the gun, along with the tripod, linker, and links. It was an Izzy, in 308. I had built it from a parts kit, built the tripod, made the linker. It was fun, but, even in semiauto went through ammo way faster than I wanted to try and make it..............

Reactions: BigBlue 94
1 - 20 of 48 Posts