Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
That sorta thing might get a fellow nominated for full size of the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, yeah, I guess so, having your own technical............

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,659 Posts
Well, I had 1000 links. But, doesn't matter now, I sold the gun, along with the tripod, linker, and links. It was an Izzy, in 308. I had built it from a parts kit, built the tripod, made the linker. It was fun, but, even in semiauto went through ammo way faster than I wanted to try and make it..............
Ah these were for 30-06. I bought a box to load with inert "reloads" for my ammo and box display.

·
Premium Member
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
326 Posts
Well, i have 2 bronco's I'm working on...the first one has been a "proper" restoration, very much been replace over repair. It hasn't been cheap, but it's really nice bolting on shiny new clean parts.

The second one has been more repair over replace...and it has actually been more fun (and way cheaper) to work on. A big reason for that though is also the final expectations, that first one I expect to look like a new one when i'm finished, the second one I just want to function properly, it don't have to be the prettiest...so that plays a big part in my stress level over the aesthetics of the repair, lol.
I like this. We also have two FSB's. We try to keep the '82 like Henry made it and "almost" like new. The '89 is a dedicated daily driver / work truck. I don't abuse it but I don't mind mildly changing things.
TB

·
Premium Member
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
326 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
6 Posts
I ordered 7 items from JBG this week and they showed in stock on all 7. I called to see if it was ready for pick up and they said they were missing a few things. I got 4 out of 7.
The ship will right itself. Just takes time. Certainly not jumping off any cliffs and selling the bronco because I can’t get parts!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is this why I still haven’t gotten my rear axle yet? Man, I ordered that thing months ago but it hasn’t come out of my account and I haven’t seen any emails about it from JBG.

As far as getting parts, im not too worried. Like someone mentioned, we have trucks that parts are easy to source. It’ll get a little harder yeah but it’ll bounce back.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think there is a major shit storm coming myself
If we even last that long, lets see what happens in November (everyone is hoping on that one)
Another stolen election? ....what about no election at all?

Just ask yourself one thing so you are not surprised in November
What will you be willing to do if this next election is tampered with?

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
Funny you should say that. I had a 1919A4 30 Cal belt fed, and was seriously looking at a ring mount to put on the back of the '89..............
Lol when I was in High School we had a guy (Vietnam Vet) running around in his bronco with a Class III M-60 mounted behind the back seat and when the top was off he had it so it would swing around kinda like a door gun on a helicopter. He never really had any issues until the day he stopped to help someone who needed to be pulled out of a ditch...but the car he stopped to help was in front of the High School...they tried getting him for having it in the truck in a school zone...he still runs around in that old bronco with the M60.

I bought a M2 50cal belt fed in 1991 for $2500 with the tripod...even back then I couldn't afford to shoot it...but damn if I wish I hadn't of resold it a few years later and kept it...the guy I bought the M2 had 4 of them mounted together on an old Military Truck he'd take to those Machine Gun shoots in KnobCreek

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
I think there is a major shit storm coming myself
If we even last that long, lets see what happens in November (everyone is hoping on that one)
Another stolen election? ....what about no election at all?

Just ask yourself one thing so you are not surprised in November
What will you be willing to do if this next election is tampered with?

With everything they're saying in the news about Russia and now Iran is supposedly testing EMP Nukes...I'd not be surprised if we don't get EMD'd before the elections. ;-) thats what I'm expecting to happen.

·
Registered
‘95 Bronco XLT 5.0 E4OD, MAF——‘95 F150 XL 4.9 M5OD 4x4, SD
364 Posts
Lol when I was in High School we had a guy (Vietnam Vet) running around in his bronco with a Class III M-60 mounted behind the back seat and when the top was off he had it so it would swing around kinda like a door gun on a helicopter. He never really had any issues until the day he stopped to help someone who needed to be pulled out of a ditch...but the car he stopped to help was in front of the High School...they tried getting him for having it in the truck in a school zone...he still runs around in that old bronco with the M60.

I bought a M2 50cal belt fed in 1991 for $2500 with the tripod...even back then I couldn't afford to shoot it...but damn if I wish I hadn't of resold it a few years later and kept it...the guy I bought the M2 had 4 of them mounted together on an old Military Truck he'd take to those Machine Gun shoots in KnobCreek
I’m about an hour from Knob creek... nice store and range, they don’t put up with any crap on the range. Old retired guys from Knox take safety very seriously. but havent been there for a machine gun show. Supposedly last year was there “last one”. It’s what the local radio ads said anyways.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got a couple friends used to go there, one an nfa dealer, went both times per year for over 20yrs. He was renting 50 cals on the line, he has half a dozen of them. I always wanted to go, never made it.
I kinda regret selling the 1919, but it's gone, and really, prob for the best. The 308 links were already uncommon. A simple barrel and bolt would've made it 30-06, but then i'd have to add that caliber, in quantity, and I have enough already.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
I got a couple friends used to go there, one an nfa dealer, went both times per year for over 20yrs. He was renting 50 cals on the line, he has half a dozen of them. I always wanted to go, never made it.
I kinda regret selling the 1919, but it's gone, and really, prob for the best. The 308 links were already uncommon. A simple barrel and bolt would've made it 30-06, but then i'd have to add that caliber, in quantity, and I have enough already.
Is the 308 belts different...the 1919s I've seen all used cloth belts Sarco has em for like $12. But lol they're 30-06..yeah I hate having something and not enough of the ammo.
I love shooting the M1 just hearing the 8rnd clip ping noise when it's empty so 30-06 is something I keep on hand but it's not as plentiful as it used to be...at least the milsurp stuff isnt...

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,400 Posts
Since weve gone so far off on a tangent, im gonna jump in, with the current turmoil, as noted in previous posts in this thread.

I use to follow closely everything going on, but really, there wasn't much I could do about any of it. Now I rarely watch the news. A few years ago I realized how so sick i was of being constantly bombarded with the negativity in the media, & there is so little we can do about this, it felt like it was brainwashing for a miserable society & that "programming" didnt work for me.

I canceled my cable, and proudly give zero dollars to any media organization & this choice had zero to do with cost, strictly principle, they will get zero dollars from me!!

It was tough at first, but i found my groove. For my entertainment, it is what I choose, not what they choose for me, which is usually aimed at educating myself more in things that interest me, finding youtube videos about car fabrication/restoration, aviation, astronomy, or physics/mathmatics videos (yes I'm weird) but I've found life to be so much happier without the outside influences of negativity they are programming into society & I find myself so much happier.

Everyone always says, did you hear what so and so is doing, and I always answer "nope & I don't care, I'm too busy enjoying life, you should tune out & try it".

I have an nice new internet ready tv's and while it is internet connected to free PlutoTv & Youtube & digital antenna's in case I want to watch golf, I rarely turn any of them on except to send videos from my phone to my tv with smart view, I somehow broke the cycle of tv and information addiction & I think its one of the best things that's ever happened to me. If you havent guessed by now, I also have zero social media, which is also an excellent way to go thru life distraction free!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since weve gone so far off on a tangent, im gonna jump in, with the current turmoil, as noted in previous posts in this thread.

I use to follow closely everything going on, but really, there wasn't much I could do about any of it. Now I rarely watch the news. A few years ago I realized how so sick i was of being constantly bombarded with the negativity in the media, & there is so little we can do about this, it felt like it was brainwashing for a miserable society & that "programming" didnt work for me.

I canceled my cable, and proudly give zero dollars to any media organization & this choice had zero to do with cost, strictly principle, they will get zero dollars from me!!

It was tough at first, but i found my groove. For my entertainment, it is what I choose, not what they choose for me, which is usually aimed at educating myself more in things that interest me, finding youtube videos about car fabrication/restoration, aviation, astronomy, or physics/mathmatics videos (yes I'm weird) but I've found life to be so much happier without the outside influences of negativity they are programming into society & I find myself so much happier.

Everyone always says, did you hear what so and so is doing, and I always answer "nope & I don't care, I'm too busy enjoying life, you should tune out & try it".

I have an nice new internet ready tv's and while it is internet connected to free PlutoTv & Youtube & digital antenna's in case I want to watch golf, I rarely turn any of them on except to send videos from my phone to my tv with smart view, I somehow broke the cycle of tv and information addiction & I think its one of the best things that's ever happened to me. If you havent guessed by now, I also have zero social media, which is also an excellent way to go thru life distraction free!!
Here’s something I can agree with.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is the 308 belts different...the 1919s I've seen all used cloth belts Sarco has em for like $12. But lol they're 30-06..yeah I hate having something and not enough of the ammo.
I love shooting the M1 just hearing the 8rnd clip ping noise when it's empty so 30-06 is something I keep on hand but it's not as plentiful as it used to be...at least the milsurp stuff isnt...
I used the metal links, and they are different. Not sure about the cloth belts.

·
Registered
466 Posts

We cut off cable prob 15yrs ago now as well. We were watching things on Netflix, but they've gone off the deep end as well, we hardly watch it anymore. Need to cut their money off. Was on fb, they threw me out for being too conservative, and I do not miss it. Never had the others. Am on a newer one, but it's filling with liberals spewing their crap, getting tired of it. I do try to pay some attention to what's going on, not "famous" people crap, but what is changing here and in the world, because of what I feel is coming. I also mostly do my own thing, listen to music a lot. I was on a lot of forums, but it's gotten narrowed down to just a few. Trying to turn our farm in name into an actual farm.

Reactions: Breezeway2021

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mention of the tangent made me realize I never really answered the OP, i'd just said it was my DD.
Around here, most junkyards have cleared out the old stuff. I go in and say "'89", and they'd just start laughing. I've heard radio ads for "pick n pull", but not in some time now, so I suppose there was at least one somewhere, at one time. There used to be a dedicated ford junkyard, but idk if it's still there. Several have scrapped it all and closed up. So i'm generally limited to what I can order. I suppose places like lmc could sell out, and end up shrunk to uselessness, or closed, time will tell. I know there's a concerted effort, particularly amongst those pushing "green" to get all the older vehicles off the road, not sure if they can pull it off, at least not as long as they have a large following. Which comes to another angle, said following. There are a lot of things that were once highly collectable that now aren't simply because the collectors age and die off, and the younger generations have no interest. Yes, i'm sure there are younger folks here, but i'd bet far fewer young people are interested in fixing up vehicles than there used to be. This is prob the the biggest danger to the hobby. We may not have too much to worry about, but it may fade off sometime in the future.
As for me, i'm generally too broke for it to be a hobby. I'd really like to restore the '93, and build the '89 into a project idea I have, but I have no idea when, or if it will happen. My tinkering is to keep them going.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts