Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,400 Posts
Mention of the tangent made me realize I never really answered the OP, i'd just said it was my DD.
Around here, most junkyards have cleared out the old stuff. I go in and say "'89", and they'd just start laughing. I've heard radio ads for "pick n pull", but not in some time now, so I suppose there was at least one somewhere, at one time. There used to be a dedicated ford junkyard, but idk if it's still there. Several have scrapped it all and closed up. So i'm generally limited to what I can order. I suppose places like lmc could sell out, and end up shrunk to uselessness, or closed, time will tell. I know there's a concerted effort, particularly amongst those pushing "green" to get all the older vehicles off the road, not sure if they can pull it off, at least not as long as they have a large following. Which comes to another angle, said following. There are a lot of things that were once highly collectable that now aren't simply because the collectors age and die off, and the younger generations have no interest. Yes, i'm sure there are younger folks here, but i'd bet far fewer young people are interested in fixing up vehicles than there used to be. This is prob the the biggest danger to the hobby. We may not have too much to worry about, but it may fade off sometime in the future.
As for me, i'm generally too broke for it to be a hobby. I'd really like to restore the '93, and build the '89 into a project idea I have, but I have no idea when, or if it will happen. My tinkering is to keep them going.

The junkyards here have huge amounts of turnover on cars, but they only stay in stock about 30 days, then it's right to the crusher, so you gotta keep a close eye on their inventory. They keep a real good online inventory, which says year, motor & even a picture of each car. It's the same yard that formerly named "Warhoops" which was famous for having all of GMs concept cars from the 50's-60's that they never crushed (but were supposed to). They get tons of F150's & some Broncos in there.

As far as the generational changes, and things that were collectable, becoming not collectable, I am seeing the same thing somewhat in the Corvette community. The die hard purists are all getting up there in age, and the forum is getting a lot of young bucks that are buying high dollar cars, and just ripping out all the original drivetrain & suspensions, and building just over the top resto mods, (which I love) and the purists are just losing their shit over it every single time, which is great entertainment hearing them whine about ruining a car. To each their own, I can appreciate them all. Just like lifted Broncos, yeah they look cool, but I always recommend against it, cuz they suck to live with every day when lifted, ride, fuel economy, ect...

What was this post about again?? Lol

·
Registered
‘95 Bronco XLT 5.0 E4OD, MAF——‘95 F150 XL 4.9 M5OD 4x4, SD
364 Posts
... and I have enough already.
Although I do believe moderation is important... nope, there’s just some things you can’t have enough of.... peace of mind is priceless. (As in knowing that you’ll never run out, especially when you come to grips with reality and understand there will likely soon be many things totally unobtainable)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Although I do believe moderation is important... nope, there’s just some things you can’t have enough of.... peace of mind is priceless. (As in knowing that you’ll never run out, especially when you come to grips with reality and understand there will likely soon be many things totally unobtainable)
Well, I meant I had enough different calibers.
I agree, I think a lot of things will soon be unobtanium......
There's never enough ammo............

Reactions: Breezeway2021

·
Registered
‘95 Bronco XLT 5.0 E4OD, MAF——‘95 F150 XL 4.9 M5OD 4x4, SD
364 Posts
In regard to the original topic, for most of us our old trucks/Broncos are our daily drivers or at least in regular use. So as with any 30+yr old vehicle you’ve kind of got to like always working on it because there will almost always be something to fix up or repair. We may just have to learn to be a little more crafty doing it. I know for me being patient to get a fix done is kind of normal, but usually for sake of time/money, not part availability.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Has anybody noticed that places like JBG 75% of their stuff is 'out of stock' because of China induced supply chain issues? Im amazed their doors are still open.

Has anyone read the front page of LMC Truck letter to customers from Becky? Because of the pandemic squeeze, many companies like hers are selling out to larger holding companies who will trim the catalog to like 50% of the most profitable items?

I had an old 280ZX and sold it. I sold it because what good is a classic car that you cannot get parts for?

....what do you guys think?
Been trying for 3 mos to get bottom left rear corner 49-8094 from LMC.
Thank goodness I haven't started rust repair yet. Got everything else anyway.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Rob64: I admire your courage and willingness to literally change your lifestyle. If everyone did this the media would have no money. Same applies to taxes. If you fill out 5 6 or 7 deductions on your W2 worksheet you will get ALL your paycheck, buy you will have to cough up possibly $30k or more at the end of the year. But it would serve notice to the government, wouldn't it? Their coffers would be BARE 11 months out of the year.
This current situation reminds me of the mental and psychological version of a 'seige'. Surround the castle, cut off the water and food and wait until they cry uncle.
I am not so sure just emotionally checking out like Rob64 is doing is the answer. In fact, they probably want us to capitualte one way or another and do just that
When we stay engaged & fight them is how we win

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,400 Posts
It's not a full check out on my part, I do follow the markets quite closely, just not the hyperventilating media, i just sit back and wait, knowing with complete certainly that this utter stupidity will end soon & I'm sure it will snap back and bite those trying to force their will America, not a doubt in my mind. So why get worked up about it, common sense always wins. Until then, I'll be enjoying myself, waiting to chuckle when the narrative collapses, which it is & its quite obvious & great to see happening.

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,862 Posts
Should probably move this thread to the political sub-forum since it has nothing to do with 80-96 tech.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts