Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Disgruntled Trucker
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah yeah, I've been around long enough to know not to post things without having pics but I can't help it! I gotta tell someone! Well, I just got so f'n fed up with the 89 today. The thing runs like crap, leaks oil everywhere, I can't take it anywhere in the city, I can't drive very far, and today I really needed to get it smogged $89.95! And the guy walked by and said, "that thing's not gonna pass, it's running rich and sounds like it's missn". UGH! So I go driving around looking for a place that will do it that doesn't have a dyno and the thing dies on me in the middle of the intersection. Wasn't a big deal cause I was able to start it up after tinkering with it, but that was really the final straw that broke the camel's back. I went to ford and found a sweet 2001 F150! Thing is awesome! It's been so long since I've had somewhat of a new car. The only thing I regret is that it's only a V6. I would liked to have the triton but I guess I'll save on the gas mileage and insurance.

Pics will come tomorrow :goodfinge

·
huh
1995 Bronco, Slightly Modified
7,218 Posts
i wonder if "buddy" over on WT could put the engine out of his wrecked bronco into yours... hmmm.............

congrats on the 01 one fiddy

:beer

·
Disgruntled Trucker
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the motor in the 89 is still pretty new, less than 10k miles on it. just runs like crap and I think it's cause of the cam. and I can't afford to work on it cause that's the only one thats sorta working.

I was gonna get an old yota but I decided to go new(er) :thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
congrats bro. i'm sure the F-150 will make a great driver. its not like you need to prove anything with it.:beer

·
Registered
419 Posts
where you located, i have a friend wanting a bronco(for some time now because of me) but hes poor, the most he could give is like 1200.
Tim

·
Disgruntled Trucker
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1200 is a bit low. The engine is still good, and it's got a 6" superlift w/ extended arms, weld typhoon rims. But it does need lots of work. I was thinking about donating it to charity to get the tax write off but I wanna make sure no one wants it before I do that. I'd rather see it given the attention it deserves. But like I said, it neeeds ALOT of work

·
Disgruntled Trucker
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy351 said:
congrats bro. i'm sure the F-150 will make a great driver. its not like you need to prove anything with it.:beer
yeah, I needed a strong work truck BAAAAAAAAD. And it makes a good daily driver with the v6. I think I only get 18street/20hwy mpg but it's alot better than the 7 or 8 I was getting with the bronco :(

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
There ya go Jon :thumbup .. I'm sure yoo is a happy boy drivin' that thing around :toothless

Congrats on the new ride ... have ya thought about parting the Bronco .. any money in that for ya?

·
Disgruntled Trucker
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have thought about it but I don't really have a way to get rid of the carcass or a place to keep it while parts dissapear :shrug

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Jon0807 said:
oh, and if anyone wants to buy an 89 that needs ALOT of work, give me an offer I can't refuse :thumbup

5 bux and a bag of biscuts for your side kick. :thumbup

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
He still has teh 79 duuurrrrrrr 78 or something like that right Jon?

G

·
The only thing I regret is that it's only a V6. I would liked to have the triton but I guess I'll save on the gas mileage and insurance.
dont count on it. Youll be in the pedal more to make it go.

I had a 2001 4x4 triton, 7700 package.

The only real complaint, is those stooopid little doors. For some reason you could hear whistling on the freeway and have to open the door and slam it again. The whole door latching thing became a nuisance. Hope yours works good.

Nice choice on the color, looks good.

Keep the typhoons and toss some tires on em.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts