Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
I smoked a couple tri-tips today. It's pretty much the same marinade as the wine jerky.

I made one for home and one to take to work tomorrow. When they got to 150 I brushed on a sweet bbq sauce from Wood Ranch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have any of yall used a big green egg? My dad has one that we use for grilling and smoking and i have to say, it is sweet. You cant dry your meat out if you wanted to while smoking it.

Sent from my MB612 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have large BGE. It is hands down the best grill smoker i have ever used. I have done ribs, chickens, boston butts, flank steaks, pizzas etc...I hated to spend the money but damn me it is great

·
Registered
408 Posts
The BGE's are really nice and I see a few at competitions, but what is by far more used is the Weber Smokey Mountain smokers both the 18" and 22.5". The big one can be had for $399 and the smaller one for $299. Both of them cook fantastic.

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
I heard the BGE are great, also the UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) are a big hit and they seem to hold temp really well for a long time. I have a drum but Im gonna make a pizza oven out of it, someday:rolleyes:

Hey Beater, I think you need to send me some of that BBQ sauce for Christmas :goodfinge

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
A guy at work just got a Komod0 Kamado. It's like a bedazzled BGE.

Hey Sway I can get you a bottle. It would give me an excuse to eat there again. They have great food.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Last time I posted here I was saying how much I preferred using lump charcoal, but I've had a couple of bags that have made me want to ditch it for briquettes once and for all. With the higher end brands I expect to get a piece of uncarbonated wood here and a scrap there, but I bought two bags Duraflame Natural Lump Charcoal and here's what I got.

I got pieces of baseboard moulding, hardwood flooring, and even a small piece of plywood. Duraflame told me that none of the wood is treated, but I don't screw around with cooking my food. At least they offered to pay for the two bags.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I really like the lump charcoal for grilling steaks, not so for smoking. The lump burns alot hotter. It looks like your lump charcoal supplier bought a build down house and bagged it up.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I use this stuff to get my Red Oak going.

·
Premium Member
12,537 Posts
I use this stuff to get my Red Oak going.
I'm going to have to get a bag of that.

I built an inground firepit a few weeks back. Always wanted to do some outside cooking on it.

The steaks were incredibly good!

A picture of my son making smores.

·
Registered
882 Posts
dagnabbit ranger that fire pit is luxurious!

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well my dad has been eyeing my charoal/wood burning grill with the adjustable coal tray so for my bday he handed me some cash and said since you are grilling so much give me your grill and go get yourself a bigger one.

I added some of my own cash to the pot and it arrived today. After about 1 1/2 hours of assembly here it is.

It has dual chambers so you can cook two different things at different temperatures.

You can easily add more charcoal or wood thru the doors.

Gotta do a cowboy steak tomorrow to break it in.

·
was born with a
4,416 Posts
I built an inground firepit a few weeks back. Always wanted to do some outside cooking on it.
ive had a similiar idea in my head but couldnt get a grasp on it.

thanks for that pic. i will have to borrow some of your ideas.

EXCELLENT work :beer

81 - 100 of 123 Posts