Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Nice! :thumbup Are those adjustable meat racks or charcoal racks, in last pic?
Adjustable coal/wood racks. You lower it at first then bring it up as they cool or to sear what you are cooking.

umm bone in ribeye

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
Well my dad has been eyeing my charoal/wood burning grill with the adjustable coal tray so for my bday he handed me some cash and said since you are grilling so much give me your grill and go get yourself a bigger one.

I added some of my own cash to the pot and it arrived today. After about 1 1/2 hours of assembly here it is.

It has dual chambers so you can cook two different things at different temperatures.

You can easily add more charcoal or wood thru the doors.

Gotta do a cowboy steak tomorrow to break it in.
I have your address, Im gonna go take that from you.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I built an inground firepit a few weeks back. Always wanted to do some outside cooking on it.
I really wanted to make a nice Santa Maria style pit in my back yard but we get way to much wind out here. The grill I bought is as close as I could get and still have the safety of an enclosed but adjustable grill.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had to dig for this thread. I'm starting a BBQ trailer build with 2 reverse flow smokers, both equipped with warming boxes. The smokers are gonna be made from a 270 gallon water tank thats been cut in half. Each smoker will be 46" long and 30" in diameter. Not sure of the trailer size yet because I haven't figured out how to arrange them. They will either be back to back or in a straight line. I'll post pics of the progress. The only parts I have thus far is the 2 tanks.

·
Premium Member
12,537 Posts
Well as long as you dug it up I might as well post my first attempt at a fatty. It's on the smoker now, pics when it comes out.

EDIT: Out of the cooker and man was it good!

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Is that a slate floor with red walls?
Not anymore. Now it's Picked Accorn. The floors are a dark reddish ceramic tile.

Rema and I teamed up for a great dinner tonight. Tri-tip two ways, brown and wild rice with jalapeno sausage, tomato, bell pepper and onion, and home made waffle fries.

Good job on your first fatboy Ranger. It does look raw but it's probably just the flash changing the color a bit.

·
Premium Member
12,537 Posts
Inner temp was 200, didn't taste raw. Let ya know if I'm sick tomorrow.
Good job on your first fatboy Ranger. It does look raw but it's probably just the flash changing the color a bit.

Thanks. I think it was just camera image as well. I feel fine and am ready to head to the store to get me some more heart attack ingredients. :histerica

I think in the Spring it is time to retire this electric non temp controlling smoker and get one that is a little bit better. I've gotten the smoker bug now.

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
I think in the Spring it is time to retire this electric non temp controlling smoker and get one that is a little bit better. I've gotten the smoker bug now.
Once you start you don't wanna stop. Not sure if you have a bass pro shop there, bit they have a lot of good rubs and wood as well. Check out the charcoal store online, they have all kinds of wood for a good price.

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Woods.htm

I keep this link on my phone for when I come across woods I haven't tried yet.

·
Premium Member
12,537 Posts
Nice list, thanks sway. There is a Bass Pro not to far from me and I've seen their assortment for smokers and chips. I need to pay another visit there.

I was thinking about the WSM 22.5 in the Spring. I want to get away from the electric smoker.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
The ribs look so good right now. It's 3pm and I haven't had anything to eat today.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I smoked another tri-tip today. It was the first time in a while I used the smoker. My best one yet. I marinated it overnight with fire roasted habanero garlic sauce, red wine and worshy sauce. I smoked it for 6 hours with hickory and cherry wood chips.

When done I coated it with Wood Ranch BBQ sauce.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Time to resurrect this thread. I competed last weekend up in Chilliwack, BC at the Big Red Barn Burner BBQ competition. Here's some pics of my turn in boxes.

I won 1st place in ribs! The plaque pic is what I was awarded along with some $$$!

Attachments

101 - 120 of 123 Posts