1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
maybe they don't like us???:shrug

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
you mean that you think the used that search button?

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
I think that is about time that Joe does a cleanup of all the inactive members, so it more reflects our actual membership and posters....

Joe?? what do you have to say about this?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like a generic e-mail:

"your acount at FSB has bee ninactive for over 6 months, please join the action within 30 days or our system will reset your acount. If you decide to re-join at any time, we welcome your involment.
FSB staff"

then sap the user name in a week or so?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
Like a generic e-mail:

"your acount at FSB has bee ninactive for over 6 months, please join the action within 30 days or our system will reset your acount. If you decide to re-join at any time, we welcome your involment.
FSB staff"

then sap the user name in a week or so?
What he said....... :thumbup

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Kill them...:thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or we could just let our member count grow like the other stupid internet forums :goodfinge

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just drop em they dont need a warning they will figure it out when and if they try to log on. If they have never posted ( in say 6 months) it is likely they never will.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Nahh, I like the e-mail "warning" idea...for those that didn't give an e-mail and haven't posted, well, I say we post a generic "sticky" post that reads the same way. Like Gearrat said we've been discussing this and Joe will do something soon. We appreciate the input...so keep it coming, but you just can't go axing memberships cause some folks are just information seekers. They don't have enough knowledge that they feel like they can contribute so they just read in silence...:shrug And theres nothing wrong with that...but I do agree, alot of memeberships were created and the person never came back, or came back and couldn't remember there login info so created another account...those need to go!:beer

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Drilim
Kill them...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you really NOBS?

you could learn alot from that guy. he seems to have his finger on the pulse of the community at large. :goodfinge

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
as gearrat said, towards january i will send out a notice, kinda like ryan said and start deleting 0 posters, i will also prune some messages in certian forums, ie, gen chit chat, anything else, for sale forums of messages older than 6 months or so, and yes this will effect post counts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
also in 3-4 weeks the gamma version of the new forum, will be released, i will probably go ahead and upgrade then so the forum may be down for awhile but i'll give notice

BUT

I am having surgery on one of my fingers dec 2nd and will have no use of my left hand for 4 weeks, so i may not get any of it done :toothless

1 - 20 of 27 Posts