Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over Dirve

I have an 89 EB with 302 Auto And over drive is f#@ked up.
See heres what its doing when it shifts into OD it jerks and RPMs stay low and I try to give it more gas it down shifts.:banghead

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Obviously, the purpose of the OD is to keep engine RPMs down, to save gas. And it down shifts when you press the gas, because it needs the extra bit of torque to keep it moving, otherwise, it would feel like driving a manual in 4th gear all the time

·
Registered
787 Posts
Make sure your TV cable is adjusted properly.

OD should only be used when you're cruising along at speeds greater than 45-50 mph or so (depending on your gear ratio and tire size).

If you're giving it more gas to go faster then accelerate in 3rd then shift into OD manually.

If you're already in OD and mash the pedal to the floor then of course it's going to downshift automaticly! :twak

Hence the " A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C " transmission.

I really don't get why there's so many people that don't understand the concept of "overdrive". :shrug

It's just another gear people! :twak

-Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know how overdrive works and thanks for makin fun of me and makin me look like an idiot.
But I was saying its screwed up because it is and its and its hard to explain.
You fella just dont understand.
(also Camarokarr)

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
89buckinbronco said:
I know how overdrive works and thanks for makin fun of me and makin me look like an idiot.
But I was saying its screwed up because it is and its and its hard to explain.
You fella just dont understand.
(also Camarokarr)
then make us understand

·
Registered
71 Posts
OVERDRIVE WHATS THAT?
sounds to me like you kickdown lever may be misajusted or you may be low on fluid. all i can say is enjoy it while you have it.
NP435

1 - 11 of 11 Posts