Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere here I found a link that showed fireguy50's overhead console. Any ideas on something like it or the vehicle it came from? I like the idea but am too cheap to pay real bucks for one. I do however roam junk yards looking for deals.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
This the overhead councle you talked about.

I got the kit from Steelhorse with the self. I didn't use the shelf, I'm too tall to see with it installed. So I had to make my own mounts to put it up there. I'm gona start putting switches up here now. Think the kit cost me $70 shipped from JC wimpy

·
Registered
79 Posts
how tall fireguy i'm 6'2" and whated to buy that overhead console from steelhorse but i read a reveiw that said it was crappy and i wouldn't be able to hook my visor lights up but i was wondering about the height issue blocking my site.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
I'm 6"4"
The visors hooked up fine, but all of it was in the line of sight in my opinion. Basicly draw a line from under the rear view mirror across, it was all blocked. It would work fine if all I do is drive on the highway. But looking at stop lights was a little dificult.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
:stupid
I have one in my '85. It's not bad, good place to store stuff so when you go around a turn or slam on the brakes (or gas) it all ends up in your lap.

I'm leaving it in because I did pay for it, but it is a PITA. As soon as I feel as though I got my money's worth, I'll post it up here or on E-bay. :grin

:santa
Bill

·
Registered
79 Posts
sounds like my 74 dam cover for the windsheild wiper arms you look under it so much at stop lights your neck hurts! :thumbup

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine has a stock one... with digital compass and thermometer
:rockon :chili: :toothless ya for me

·
Registered
506 Posts
pics???

We need that smiley that says this thread is worthless without pics.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I got one from a Yukon on ebay, pics are on my stuperford page

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the replys. I like fireguys, Probably would not use the shelf either.
At 6'7" I have problems seeing stop lights unless I stop further back. (Drives people nuts that I don't pull up to the crosswalk)

I might even find a late model eddyB at the 'yard. Going to go looking tomorrow for grab bars so we will see.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Heres pics of my Eddie Bauer overhead console with garage door opener holder, thermometer, and compass. I love that thing :santa

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like that too, I'd need a garage first to use the garage door opener holder...

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I don't even use the one in my '95 ...

1) It doesn't tell the correct temperature
2) I have no garage to open
3) I'm too lazy to calibrate the compass (did y'all ever read the instructions to do that? They take up like an entire page of the owners manual..:wacko )

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
I don't even use the one in my '95 ...

1) It doesn't tell the correct temperature
2) I have no garage to open
3) I'm too lazy to calibrate the compass (did y'all ever read the instructions to do that? They take up like an entire page of the owners manual..:wacko )
Any one have a copy of that they can post. Pretty sure mine is calibrated right but I wouldn't mind makin sure. Got no owners manual when I bought the truck.

Kev.

·
Registered
463 Posts
whats calibrating the compass? :shrug i cant use the garage door opener since mine is from 1985 & too big to fit in there. & has anyone found a use for the net pocket? i clip my nextel up there, works perfect & never falls out.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Marauder said:
Heres pics of my Eddie Bauer overhead console with garage door opener holder, thermometer, and compass. I love that thing :santa

Nice pics...I want one of those - I want an entire EB interior; oh well...one day.

I was wondering...did you roll the bronco, then take the pics?? Or were you just laying down in the back seat?

Bill

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Nice pics...I want one of those - I want an entire EB interior; oh well...one day.

I was wondering...did you roll the bronco, then take the pics?? Or were you just laying down in the back seat?

Bill
I put in just the overhead shelf from Steelhorse, without the console and it does cut down my field of vision. The beauty is, I just left the sun visors off, at my height (6'-4 1/2") it works like a sun visor. Admittedly I'm a bit worried about cranking my forehead in a rear ender, but I just add that to the list of things that can kill me.

Once you've had the conveniance of the shelf, you can't live without it. I stash my CD binders up there, a case of chewing gum, sunglasses, etc,etc. Even on the trail, there's enough of a front and rear lip that stuff rarely falls down.

By leaving the visors off I was able to screw 2 of the 4 one inch tweeters right into their spots, perfect for sound !

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 46 Posts