Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 ford bronco that was over heating and leaking antifreeze, so i replaced the thermastat and the water pump and i figured eveything would be fine after that, but i let it run for a few min and it started overheatind and leaking again. what else could be the problem? Im tired of buying antifreeze :doh0715:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pressure wash your radiator and A/C condensor, if you wheel alot it could be clogged with mud. Check the lower radiator hose, if it's old it will collapse, and the fan clutch. Get a good fail safe thermostat.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
How old iz U rad ?

I just replaced a 3 year old rad on one of the Mopars, with the same part number new one..........problem solved.

Musta been a clogged rad, even though it looked good on the outside.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
201 Posts
look at the timing case cover and see if it leaks there and right at the front of the intake manifold where it meets the block. you might wanna pressure test it so u can see the leaks instead of getting it hot and trying to find it. mine leaks from the timing case cover and puddles right onto of it so it looks like the water pump is leaking. still gotta fix it

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Start by putting a "pressure gauge" on the radiator neck and it will instantly show you where any leaks are coming from, then proceed from there ie: radiator, heater core, hoses, water pump, freeze plugs or thermostat etc. etc.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts