Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my new supercooler rad. and had to remove my P/S cooler to get the rad. in place. Should I go without a cooler? If I should put it back in my 2 best options would be the stock style tubing or I could maybe use the trans cooler in the rad. I don't know if thats good or bad. suggestions?

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you offroad you'll want something, I never over heated with the stock cooler but I'm not sure if it was for lack of trying. My current truck had no cooler at all and it was worthless in the woods after 30 minutes. I recycled a radiator from an old water-cooled computer; works great. It's not high pressure - almost anything will work.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My cooler is a factory Ford piece that bolted to the a/c compressor. I just used an empty hole on the front of the intake, to mount it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Old Caddy's had nice P/S coolers that mounted near the A/C comp. so the fan blew on them all the time. Also Jeep liberty's have a long cooler that mounts in the grill next to the left head light.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i'd run a cooler but not in the radiator cause that will heat your fluid to the water temp.. the fluid also might be higher than the p/s pump which would overflow the reservoir. an inline filter aint a bad idea either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts