Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill give you background info on everything.

Cobra LTD Classic 25 : Hot=cig lighter Ground=Firewall

Hella 55 Watt Driving lights: Ran through relay. Hot = Starter Solenoid i think.

PA Speaker 100 Watt Big Horn:

I hook up the speaker to my CB and i turn it wide open and it is not very loud. Barely hear it. What gives?

Also now when i turn my CB on, my 55 Watt Hellas come on. WTF?

If anyone can IM me on AIM it would be really helpful

-Curtis-

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
As far as the speaker being loud, the dynamic control should control speaker volume.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
def. sounds like something isn't grounded or powered correctly. Make sure you have good grounds and your relays are hooked up correctly. Make sure no bare wires are touching.

Your CB does have a PA function built into it right?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I ran my hot wire straight to the battery so when my truck is off I can still run my CB. Plus it makes things easier because you don't have to splice into other power sources and risk a mess up (like what you have encountered.) I grounded it on the firewall as well.

When I get my KC's I will get my power straight from the battery as well. Makes things real simple.

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
cig lighter is constant + and so is the starter silinoid (depending on what size you wired it to). That might be part of your problem, I would disconnect the lights and see if it changes anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There might be some stray power coming from your CB and going into the ground on the firewall and if your relay is grounded to the firewall you may be switching the relay on for the lights and turning your lights on. just my .02 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts