Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figure I’ll start a post in its own thread for our 100+ acre fire now 2 miles away. I’ll updates as I can.
currently my FSB is sitting out front with my ford utility trailer on ready to load up what can’t stay in our home when the slide outs come in. My kids on the way to help with the job should it be needed. We’re at level 1 for evac and the map shows level 2. Were just about an 1/8of an inch off the map at the red dot. Luckily there’s a river between but it’s covered in trees along the banks. The other picture is at 0600 on 101 in BayCity posted on a public forum.
B65714A7-4E1D-4E4A-9098-19D756D34B02.jpeg
E4C9C46B-23AC-4AFF-998F-808DE4460B57.jpeg

·
Registered
468 Posts
HOLY SHIT! Stay safe and get out early! And charge your phone!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else in the hot zone around Oregon or Washington post up and keep us posted on where your at.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,074 Posts
That's some scary s**t out there, my bro lives in San Diego and he travels up north quite a bit, said it looks apocalyptic....I'll take a hurricane any day over fires..You guys stay safe.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLY SHIT! Stay safe and get out early! And charge your phone!
Got the phone charger thing covered.
768DBCE2-864D-41DA-9E9B-BEDF2A1893E7.jpeg

12 volt plug$5.78 kayak fish finder battery and multi port usb charger! Power was out fir a day and a half.... that’s what started said fires.

Reactions: KCD

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,516 Posts
We've got a 700 acre burning "Hunter 2" just across the WA/ID border. Looks like they're just starting to get it under control now. Noticed it when it started on Monday, when we took hwy 41 south to check out some furniture down in Liberty Lake, WA. Came home a different route and it was a good thing... as hwy 41 apparently closed hours after we went through. Nasty wind storms calmed down last night and none too soon. I even had to guide the lil' lady driving her '15 F150 through a ditch and back on the road to go around a fallen tree blocking the road. Similarly... wild fires sparked by tree's downed across power lines and winds kicking 'em into something fierce with a quickness. We didn't loose power but our internet was out most of Monday until about 2 am. fwiw, we don't appear to be in any real danger over here and the winds are mellow now and going the opposite way.

Again... stay safe down there Mojo and everyone else.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
16,978 Posts
That fire is no joke! We are just starting to see some of the smoke in Spokane. Stay safe and evacuate early if needed.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco Custom. Keeping it OE stock as long as I can..
30 Posts
Southern here with unfortunate evacuations in Ashland to medford last night, I5 closed from border to exit 40. Talant and Phoenix cities major losses.

Today 199 closed with evacuations in takilma and obrian area.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Southern here with unfortunate evacuations in Ashland to medford last night, I5 closed from border to exit 40. Talant and Phoenix cities major losses.

Today 199 closed with evacuations in takilma and obrian area.
Stay safe @JACKWAGON were still only level one and tomorrow winds spoda shif direction so we should be good as long as they can keep it at bay tonight.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco Custom. Keeping it OE stock as long as I can..
30 Posts
Prayers for your safety as well...

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,561 Posts
Sub'd.

All you Folks in fire country Stay Safe,
this year is a whopper.

We are thinking of and prayin' for ya'.

Dragon

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like our winds have pushed back to the east so with any luck the fire will be pushed back into its own path and have way less to consume. Hopefully they get it under containment.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on the pike Rd fire only structure lost so far was a garage, the fire moved northward and the winds are currently calm, shifting East and 4-8 mph expected later today.
we are south of the fire and should be good as long as it doesn’t shift directions. In Lincoln City we had 3 fire combine and as of now they took out 12 homes, one of which is my friend who is also my scrapper. He isn’t covered for fire insurance so his rebuild is likely going to be out of pocket. If anyone in the western side of Oregon knows of a cheap travel trailer for sale he’ll be needing one.

Reactions: Weber

·
I ♥ TTB
4,263 Posts
I've got a friend with a vacation house in Lincoln City off Logan, not sure if it got hit or not.... I'v got family on alert in Oregon City plus a family cabin down at Diamond lake we're waiting for updates on. Plus know quite a few from some of the areas in the valley that have been displaced or aren't sure what they'll be coming home to. We're good on this side of the hill so far, smoke is rolling in from all the fires though.

Stay safe everyone.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,516 Posts
I've heard of at least 3 arrests for Arson being responsible to SOME of these fires. 2 in WA and 1 in OR.
I'll let folks do their own research and come to their own conclusions but pulling this sh!t in these conditions in these areas known for fire danger is akin to terrorists running amok and setting off bombs, imo.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've heard of at least 3 arrests for Arson being responsible to SOME of these fires. 2 in WA and 1 in OR.
I'll let folks do their own research and come to their own conclusions but pulling this sh!t in these conditions in these areas known for fire danger is akin to terrorists running amok and setting off bombs, imo.
Heard the same, they should be air dropped into a wildfire!! Definitely terrorist acts in my book.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We’re looking a lot better fire wise. Wind shifted north fires partially contained to the point the sent out of area fire departments back to there stations. It’s spoda rain on Monday, to bad it wasn’t earlier.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,263 Posts
I heard from a LEO in Medford they caught 2 people, I heard via some news channel they caught someone in Springfield as well...

Smoke rolled in hard last night, pushed to a 517 on the air quality scale (getting smoke from 2 sides) It's nasty out there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts