Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Low Buck Bum
3,538 Posts
The town of Malden, WA (a very small farm town) is 80% gone... they're about twenty miles from me. The wind has been ripping through here since the big storm last week, complete havoc. All our local volunteers have been called out every single day to fight field and structure fires. 2020 is definitely not leaving any boxes unticked.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco Custom. Keeping it OE stock as long as I can..
31 Posts
Now they are beginning closing our forest, Wild Rivers Ranger Distict closed from 9-10-20 till 12-15-20 unless sooner rescinded, closes public entry to all area included within the WRRD with the exception of FR23 Bear Camp. I would expect others to follow.

AND we know what hunting seasons are in jeopardy...

Everyone prepare.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Our fire is mostly out and there letting people back in the area on level 2 “be ready to go at a moments notice” smoke from the mid Oregon fires is finally being blown back inland. Never thought I’d be glad to smell cow shit. Tillamook is almost back to normal.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,529 Posts
Smoke started rolling in yesterday and visibility is down to 1-2 miles with hazardous breathing conditions now. Weatherman saying it should clear out around Wed. night but slapping a weatherman is on my bucket-list for a reason, so we'll see. Stay safe and prepared folks.

This is what we get when the tree huggers get their way and safe and proper forest management is pushed aside. I love me some nature but I respect it enough to know that the natural cycle could give a damn about us people. Forests grow, they burn, feed the soil and they re-grow. It's the circle of life... but once people move in or even close, forest management has to happen. If not... then we have to accept that nature doesn't work on our timeline or care about property, expenses, human life, etc. We aren't wild animals that live our lives in such a way as to boot-scoot our asses out of the danger zones at a moments notice. Sorry. Stupidity is exceptionally frustrating.

Good to see you Rich. Take care of the fam and be safe. I've heard about Malden but had no idea you were so close.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,556 Posts
One of my hockey buddies is a fire fighter and spends lots of time out your way working. Looks awful and dangerous - stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We got rain on the coast!! Let’s pray it makes it inland for the fires on the East Side of the state.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
I ♥ TTB
4,266 Posts
Here too, we'll see how we fair... Hopefully not to many lightning strikes but I hope the west gets a downpour!!!

·
36,529 Posts
Hope you all get the rain you need, without the sparks... for all our sakes. Doesn't look like we're going to see any soon up here but at least they keep catching the little fire-bugs down near Spokompton, in time to squash their attempts to make things that much worse. Better the cops than me. I'd beat one of those kids 1/2 to death and then drag 'em around behind the Bronco, if I got the chance.

·
36,529 Posts
Oh look... there's one now. Shame she not as "hot" as the chic in the pic but still crazier than a bed bug.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Oh look... there's one now. Shame she not as "hot" as the chic in the pic but still crazier than a bed bug.
I read that one earlier this morning. Not on the same outlet... I heard rumor that the arsons are being paid... don’t know if it’s true... but... if Eastern Oregon goes up in flames this week, I will then believe it to be true. When we had a severe thunderstorm here three weeks a go, we had 60-70 strikes that caught fire, all but two were put out within a matter of hours, the 2 were contained within 4 hours and out within 2 days. I’m part of the fire watch and storm watch team here, so I will have first hand knowledge of the fires if started by human or nature.

BTW how did the city of Detroit, Oregon catch on fire? It’s been a very long time since I was in Detroit but I don’t remember it being that close to forests.

·
Premium Member
1987 Bronco 351W, C6
1,301 Posts

·
36,529 Posts
Heard that. Ya'll stay safe down there too. Mother nature can be an angry bitch.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Stay safe

Wish i could send you guys some of this.... I'm sure 10" of rain would be appreciated.

Sally's two biggest threats are inland flooding and storm surge's two biggest threats are inland flooding and storm surge
Yes and no, 10" of rain would be good to get the upper hand on fires but will lead to mudslides.

What you want is just enough rain to slow the burn so the wildland firefighters can build containment lines.

Reactions: Weber

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,518 Posts
Just saw this thread... It's been nasty, hope everyone is safe and coping okay.

BTW how did the city of Detroit, Oregon catch on fire? It’s been a very long time since I was in Detroit but I don’t remember it being that close to forests.
That area is very wooded. Plus, ~50 mph winds blew the fire down the canyon. Those embers will light something probably half a mile away with that kind of push.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,266 Posts
That whole area is pretty much a tinder box, unmaintained forest land (read mismanaged) just waiting to go...

·
36,529 Posts
At the risk of getting entirely over-political... isn't it interesting to see the people that insisted forest management is like raping mother nature and had to be stopped... are now the same people telling us years later that our forests are burning out of control because of climate change? The climate changed alright. The political climate.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts