Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin into re-painting my 97 T100 and driving the SOB until the wheels fall off. Needs a touch-up job for some wheelin trophy marks and tree limb tattoos. Question is, how much should I expect on an estimate for a touch -up w/ a new clearcoat? What is reasonable for this size truck. No body damage, just scratches

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
why not keep it the way it is, i mean you said you plan on keeping it for ever, unless there are problems spots.

shit, remove the trim and do a makko job if you want to "clean it up" with out dropping alot in it

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blueoval78 said:
why not keep it the way it is, i mean you said you plan on keeping it for ever, unless there are problems spots.

shit, remove the trim and do a makko job if you want to "clean it up" with out dropping alot in it

prevents 300-400 dollar new truck payment with the "illusion" of a new truck (jedi mind trick). clear coat is faded in spots and just never really looks clean. About to put some more stuff in it, want to make it look as good as it runs and performs. Got my Bronco for the really nitty gritty. HATE bench seats and bad paint.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Local shop does damn good work... I got a quote of 3500 for restoring the crew, the frame and painting the whole thing.

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
In order to avoid starting a new thread, I'lll ask this here. Is there anyway to fix scratched and faded clear coat on the hood myself? The rest of the truck looks great and the paint on the hood is fine except for the clear coat. Just hate to take it in, spend money and be without it for a week for such an insignificant blemish.

·
Banned
495 Posts
If you do the body work and prep yourself and do it like its supposed to be done maaco paintjobs will do just fine. Its all in the prep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts