5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before

after:

now im about to head back outside and peel off those stripes :toothless

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
:rockon nice:rockon you might try a heat gun on the stripes...helps to soften up the tape...if you dont have a heat gun you can us a hair drier.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
How did you prep the chrome that the paint wont just wash off?

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just painted the door handles and key hole, and i took teh stripes off

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
How did you prep the chrome so the paint stays on there?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
copycat. hahahaha

did you do it like i said? did it work out well for you? looks good man now get a better cam

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
ToddACimer said:
How did you prep the chrome so the paint stays on there?

it isnt hard todd. just sand the shit down with like grit paper and a belt sander to where it is dull and then spary on. i think he used the truck bed coating like i did. mine is sticking well

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I sanded my fenders and bedlined them but the stuff's peeling off. I guess time will tell.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Looks Gooood......Prep work is the whole secret.....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redwagon said:
:rockon nice:rockon you might try a heat gun on the stripes...helps to soften up the tape...if you dont have a heat gun you can us a hair drier.

yeah i did that, they were a pain to get off, but god it looks better without them
ToddACimer said:
How did you prep the chrome that the paint wont just wash off?
imlikeojnow said:
it isnt hard todd. just sand the shit down with like grit paper and a belt sander to where it is dull and then spary on. i think he used the truck bed coating like i did. mine is sticking well
yeah i basically did that, sanded it down with 220, sticks fine

imlikeojnow said:
copycat. hahahaha

did you do it like i said? did it work out well for you? looks good man now get a better cam
yeah i did it like you said, i used the duplicolor bedliner on the bumpers, and i tried to get some krylon fusion but autozone and advance were sold out of the black, so i got some stuff from carquest that was supposed to be the same thing ($12), and it just ran and looked crappy, so i just bedlined the grill and headlight trim too ($7)

haha my camera does suck. my parenst just dropped $800 on a camera, but i guess its worth it, my moms a photographer.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
ToddACimer said:
I sanded my fenders and bedlined them but the stuff's peeling off. I guess time will tell.

well i sanded mine down to metal not just scuffed chrome. i also cleaned them real good with acetone...

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill upload some better pics tommorow of it after its washed and stripeless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts