Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sandblasted my oil pan, and want it gloss black. I was thinking engine enamel ought to hold up to the heat, and hopefully oil drips. Would regular enamel work just as well?

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ceramic spray paint? Never seen it...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Id just use engine paint. That oil pan wont see anything worse then the heads or block, so just use that.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, turns out Duplicolor engine enamel has some kind of ceramic in it. For $4.99, I had to leave the store with something. Here's how it turned out:

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, mine turned out good. I just hope it holds up reasonably to oil, road grime, etc. Somewhere down the line I'd like to get an old oven and a powdercoat kit.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Nice job !

I'm a Krylon convert. EVERY other spray paint takes forever to dry compared to Krylon, which is dry and cured in no time flat !

Sixlitre

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll bet a lot of people dont even know what this is, but I just sprayed my pushrod cover as well. I'm afraid it's just too damn shiny to take pics of it.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
So is that a really large cover or do you just have small feet? :rofl:

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol the cover is sitting on a garbage can about 3 feet higher than, well, my feet. My camera has bad depth perception. :twak

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Eh, my engine enamil isn't holding up that good on the oil pan, not great but not good, few rocks chiped it going down the road. Hope yours lasts a little longer than mine, but mine probably wasnt preped as good as yours.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont expect it to withstand rock chips, my main concern was heat and oil drips. How's it doing in that regard?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
They don't call em' big sixes for nuthin' !

At 4.9 litres there's precious few vehicles left on the road with engines that big anymore.

Sixlitre

1 - 15 of 15 Posts