Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure hope this comes out halfway decent after probably 5 hours of cleaning and taping.

First coat and second coat on. I used Rustoleum Hammertone paint. It gives it a "hammered" look that I am hoping will give it a rugged look, mask my mistakes and make a good surface for the grab handles. Kind of hard to see the texture in the pictures.

Going to crawl back in after work and look for any places that I missed or that need more coats.

That's all for now.

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW thats some serious taping to block the paint. You are not able to unmount it out of the rig? You going to do the other side as well?
No way to take the cage out. It's mostly 2" DOM, 1/4" reinforcement plates welded to the floor and tucked up very tight all the way around.

I was able to open the doors to get some good angles. I also used there cool cans that allow you to hold the can at any angle and any orientation so I was able to hold it upside down and sideways to get under and around things.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Wow....

I used a piece of carboard and the 99 cent cans from the bargin store.

Of course my bronco isn't as nice as yours:toothless

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,435 Posts
No way to take the cage out. It's mostly 2" DOM, 1/4" reinforcement plates welded to the floor and tucked up very tight all the way around.

I was able to open the doors to get some good angles. I also used there cool cans that allow you to hold the can at any angle and any orientation so I was able to hold it upside down and sideways to get under and around things.
Good deal man. Looks good.

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys :thumbup

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the harness bar and touched up some areas that looked like they needed another coat.

Trying to get a good shot of the texture that came out

Tomorrow - Pulling of the masking and putting the seats and harnesses back in! :rockon

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a special can that allows you to hold it at any angle so I just got it up as far I could, turned it sideways and sprayed it the best I could. It seemed to get behind everything pretty well.

·
15,435 Posts
looks good. What brand paint was it?
He answered it in the OP:
First coat and second coat on. I used Rustoleum Hammertone paint. It gives it a "hammered" look that I am hoping will give it a rugged look, mask my mistakes and make a good surface for the grab handles. Kind of hard to see the texture in the pictures.

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Saltlife being a grouch.. need some ferret action to make you nice? I know where'd to get some

Looks good, I really like that paint. I did my frame with it. Turns out sweet

·
15,435 Posts
Saltlife being a grouch.. need some ferret action to make you nice? I know where'd to get some

Looks good, I really like that paint. I did my frame with it. Turns out sweet

:histerica :rofl: :histerica :rofl:
........ Seriously we might need some. Where can i get it at?

·
15,435 Posts
Simple, Walmart
Damn and maybe she will get us a discount! :histerica :rofl: :histerica :rofl:

Sorry not trying to thread steal here, it's just an joke of a siuation going on right now.

But i did use the black Rustoleum Hammertone paint on my step bars. Check out my build thread I used Rustoleum bedliner for my bumpers and mirrors as well. :thumbup

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn and maybe she will get us a discount! :histerica :rofl: :histerica :rofl:

Sorry not trying to thread steal here, it's just an joke of a siuation going on right now.

But i did use the black Rustoleum Hammertone paint on my step bars. Check out my build thread I used Rustoleum bedliner for my bumpers and mirrors as well. :thumbup
I have been following the Walmart Bronco thread :thumbup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts