Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I just bought my wife her dream ride of course a Bronco. It came with a motor with racing heads and some different came shaft I know it was originally a 5.0. My question is he said it wouldn’t run right without a fuel injection system that had a maf sensor and more sensors to tune it so what system do I buy? I do not want carbureted unless y’all can convince me otherwise but I hate carbureted.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
What year is the Bronco?

Many like a Holley Sniper for a standalone engine management system. I’m not familiar with them any more than knowing they are common.

If it’s a MAF swap there’s lots of info on those. I don’t know much about them. But best of luck cleaning up someone else’s mess.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,571 Posts
Welcome!

The EFI ford engines ran on either Speed Density or Mass Air Flow. Then there is OBDI and OBDII. OBDII is easier to diagnose codes.

MAF is easier to tune by the end-user for cam changes and injector changes. But speed density actually has more tuning capability and power potential. Its finding someone who knows the SD system really well that is the hard part. Many many new cars actually run on SD these days as opposed to MAF.

So, it really doesnt matter, you can get any cam to run on SD. But in its stock tune, it will need a cam with 114° of LSA. This is the main limiting factor.

We need to know what cam it is and what year the bronco is to help much more.

Reactions: packagerjr

·
Banned
2 Posts
Okay I just bought my wife her dream ride of course a Bronco. It came with a motor with racing heads and some different came shaft I know it was originally a 5.0. My question is he said it wouldn’t run right without a fuel injection system that had a maf sensor and more sensors to tune it so what system do I buy? I do not want carbureted unless y’all can convince me otherwise but I hate carbureted.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
It's extremely likely that the Ecoboost V6 models will as it's standard with the other vehicle that uses the Gen II 2.7L Ecoboost. The I4 Ecoboost probably will not, as the the 2.3L Ecoboost used in everything so far has direct injection only.

·
Man of endless projects
9,872 Posts
It's extremely likely that the Ecoboost V6 models will as it's standard with the other vehicle that uses the Gen II 2.7L Ecoboost. The I4 Ecoboost probably will not, as the the 2.3L Ecoboost used in everything so far has direct injection only.
^ lol wut?

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,094 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,537 Posts
I knew the pesky new Bronco would cause all kinds of confusion

It's a spammer. Nothing to do with the new Bronco. They quoted the OP and then added a couple of hyperlinks in the quote that go to their spam sites. They continuously get a little more creative each time. The info they post will vaguely be related to whatever site they post on, hence the non-related ecoboost comment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts