Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My 90 bronco fuel pump relay went out and I cant find it anywhere. Ford discontinued the part. In need anyone’s help here. Thanks!!!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
That's a brown relay which means it's for the EEC. The fuel pump relay will be green.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welp, it says “Fuel pump relay”...??

·
Premium Member
4,517 Posts
rockauto and the parts store have them. first one is cheaper

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
Junkyard has several, usually very cheap or free. Along with all the fuses your truck will ever need too.
Always make it a point to grab a few hwen I go, espeically if truck was extra clean and is only there because was in accident.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Yo Bro_Choa,
I moved this thread to noobie section for better visibility.
Welcome!
As GetBent4x4 advised on sources.
In 90 EVTM;

Here are the:
Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial and 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop Manual by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive

&
1990 Ford Truck Emmisions Manual.pdf by Ford via member 90.CaliBronco in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck Emmisions Manual.pdf

Suggest you download both for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure by Ford via Dezo's Garage @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1990-Ford-Bronco.pdf

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 75 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example: How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

➡See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Quarter Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Registered
476 Posts
Junkyard has several, usually very cheap or free. Along with all the fuses your truck will ever need too.
Always make it a point to grab a few hwen I go, espeically if truck was extra clean and is only there because was in accident.
One reason I love how many old Fords my dad has picked up for parts. Was trying to get his horn to work, the (replaced) relay had the case come off, so went down and grabbed a few out of one of the other trucks we had as at least one of them had to still work. One day will start picking at other parts to clean up and rebuild as we have 3 Broncos and soon to have a 2nd F150 going (after a motor gets looked over to replace the one that the crankshaft decided to poke out and say hello in) in the family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 167251

My 90 bronco fuel pump relay went out and I cant find it anywhere. Ford discontinued the part. In need anyone’s help here. Thanks!!!
That's a brown relay which means it's for the EEC. The fuel pump relay will be green.
Thanks for the info. My mechanic found one but my bronco still turns off on me when I’m driving and my battery dies completely because my radio stations reset. I’m able to turn it back on after a while. Im back to square one!!!!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Thanks for the info. My mechanic found one but my bronco still turns off on me when I’m driving and my battery dies completely because my radio stations reset. I’m able to turn it back on after a while. Im back to square one!!!!
Is your battery secure and not sliding around? If no.....Is the positive post next to the fender wall? If yes ..... rotate it so the negative is next to fender.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts