Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got the part number (and/or sources)

for the in tank sending unit's float ? I was looking at one of my Mopar floats (also brass) and the thought is crossing my mind, if I can't find me a Ford replacement float ! I've heard it said " a float is a float is a float". What say you to that ?

I might also repair my brass float, which looks to be leaking;

Any tips ? Would you coat it in something like urethane ?

Any help appreciated

Sixlitre

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
Anybody got the part number (and/or sources)

for the in tank sending unit's float ? I was looking at one of my Mopar floats (also brass) and the thought is crossing my mind, if I can't find me a Ford replacement float ! I've heard it said " a float is a float is a float". What say you to that ?

I might also repair my brass float, which looks to be leaking;

Any tips ? Would you coat it in something like urethane ?

Any help appreciated

Sixlitre
Yes sir, it's a COAZ-9202-B IIRC they come 2 in a pack so if they don't stock them they may make you buy both but no biggie cause you can use it for your Towncar too. Been using the same ones since the 60's and before! They list for $12 and some change but I get my parts for 20% over cost so it ran me $4 and some change so tell them to give you a deal if you have to buy 2.......! -Kevin-:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gentlemen(especially DNBELOWBRONCO)

This is very encouraging (and informing). I'll dial up my stealership tomorrow and order one (or two) up.

Very much obliged

Sixlitre

Choranrn

I could solder it, but it's gas logged and I want to drop the tank, get her out and in without waiting for the float to drain, rinse/filling it with water, soldering it and re-testing it before I slap it in.

kf4amu

It's encouraging to know that fixed it. Mine's been screwy the 13 years I've owned it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hmmm.. you can try Broncograveyard? they have a fuel sending unit for a good price brand spankin new*
but if its just the floater, the dealership will be your best bet mate

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm.. you can try Broncograveyard? they have a fuel sending unit for a good price brand spankin new*
but if its just the floater, the dealership will be your best bet mate
That's the thing BROK302

apart from being a cheap [email protected]$turd I know for a fact the last owner had just shelled out 500 beans on a new pump/sending unit(granted that was 13 years ago, or more).

Airtex sells the whole shooting match for $102.99, but it seems to be in stock....nowhere.

I'll try my luck on the float

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's the thing BROK302

apart from being a cheap [email protected]$turd I know for a fact the last owner had just shelled out 500 beans on a new pump/sending unit(granted that was 13 years ago, or more).

Airtex sells the whole shooting match for $102.99, but it seems to be in stock....nowhere.

I'll try my luck on the float

Sixlitre
sheesh- thats no bueno... sucks dude, but if thats the case, you need to check the ENTIRE truck to make sure it's reliable* i JUST got my 3rd Bronco on Friday and so far (mechanical) i have found out that it has a muffler/header leak, so my ride REEKS! but tomorrow (MONDAY) i will be buying new FI's, new Spark Plugs, cables, Dist. Cap, and taking it to the muffler shop for the exhaust problem and have them take measurements for the roll cage (gotta protect the goodies inside) but it doesnt hurt me to spend that money cuz i know its a ford:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sheesh- thats no bueno... sucks dude, but if thats the case, you need to check the ENTIRE truck to make sure it's reliable* i JUST got my 3rd Bronco on Friday and so far (mechanical) i have found out that it has a muffler/header leak, so my ride REEKS! but tomorrow (MONDAY) i will be buying new FI's, new Spark Plugs, cables, Dist. Cap, and taking it to the muffler shop for the exhaust problem and have them take measurements for the roll cage (gotta protect the goodies inside) but it doesnt hurt me to spend that money cuz i know its a ford:thumbup
Not to worry BROK302

My gas gauge hasn't worked properly for the 13 years I've owned the old girl

It's suddenly come to the front of my to do list because my speedo (odometer & trip meter too) has conked out.

Now, with no idea how far I've traveled on a tank, I'm suddenly interested in fixing the gauge. I'll get to the speedo cable replacement if and when my tach conks out, because I can judge speed with the tach:toothless

I noticed you're relatively new to this board. Before you spend a dime on ignition parts or particularly exhaust parts, check this out;

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63592

You can improve your trucks mileage and power "dramatically" for pennies on the dollar "if" you buy the right ignition components and larger Y-pipe.

Search "Bassani" on here for the exhaust before you hand Midas one dime

Sixlitre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts