Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I need some help with a part I need to identify. The part is in the ignition system, the bronco will not start without it. I have worked on several cars & trucks, however this has me stumped. To me it looks like a condensor you would see on older trucks. The part numbers & name are.
Motorcraft 648 9525 E7TE 18801-aa Any help would be great, as I can't drive my Bronco. Thank you Mike:banghead

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Well, without going out to my truck and checking the part number, I'm giving you what I have from memory. Your description sounds like it's the radio noise capacitor, but I can assure you, the truck runs fine without it. It looks just like an old points-style condenser, and is the same type of part, but serves a totally different function here. I disconnected mine for a couple of reasons. First, when they fail, they usually short to the casing; this creates a no-spark condition because they are connected to the ignition coil primary circuit. Second, I don't get any radio interference from the ignition system on my radio, so it's not helping me at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's

SigEpBlue
Thank you for the repley. I did do some more checking into the part
& like you said it is a radio noise suppressor. I checked my fuses & found the one for the dis. & it was blown. I replaced & the truck run's fine.
Again Thank's, this site is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts