Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignore the red circled part. I just need to know what the silver bracket looking thing that holds the air filter on is called so I can buy a new one.. Thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to FSB. That would be the Air Cleaner Bracket. It would be easier for us if you could take better pictures of the casting numbers and data plate so that we could even help you find a part number for the bracket. That looks to be a Motorcraft 1100 model carb to me but I am not positive on that. Also some things to remember when trying to find something out like this is to list what year and what motor it came off of. Even though I can tell it is straight 6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thats not my carb but it looks just the same and that part bolts up just like the one I need..
But my truck is a 1978 F-250 300 inline 6. If that helps any..
@Steve83 I got the truck given to me and it didnt have an air cleaner on it... So i bought one and stuff and it doesn't have this bracket.. I've searched and searched and can't find the name of it to buy a new one..
Thanks..
I can take a picture of my carb if that helps?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even notice them, it for sure has the part I need...
How does this work?
How do I buy the part?
Sorry about the questions. I'm new to this.
Thanks for helping though!

·
Super Moderator
26,984 Posts
yo,

As jpscott713 advised; Air Cleaner Bracket (9B672)

If you're not a yard hunter;

Autolite 1100 Air Cleaner BracketStarting at: $19.99
"...This very obscure item is often damaged on Autolite 1100 carburetors. Now for the first time, it's available through Champion Mustang. We had this part made for our own carburetor rebuilds. We're not currently offering this part to any other companies. This is another Champion Mustang exclusive part.

This item is very light and we can ship it out via USPS Priority Mail at a lower rate than the website can calculate. Look below at "Related Items" and add in "USPS Priority Mail" to your shopping cart. This only applies to small carburetor parts as the box is limited to the size of a VHS tape. Select "Freight Shipping" checkout only if you have added in the "USPS Priority Mail" option to your shopping cart..."

Ford OEM Air Cleaner Retainer Pin Part# E1PZ-9B672-B
$6.99

http://www.ponycarburetors.com
"...We have almost anything to rebuild carburetors, including kits, diaphragms, jets, rods, choke parts, accelerator pump and power valve covers, solenoids and dashpots. On many of these parts, we are the ONLY source. We make many parts ourselves using our CNC plasma cutter. Ask us about the availability of any part you need. We do have a $20.00 parts minimum order. Please refer to our carburetor diagrams page for ease in ordering. All parts return are subject to a 30% restocking fee..."

need to validate all above for proper sizing

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts