Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what the part number is for my 1993 Bronco’s DRIVER’S SIDE window motor. I can’t find anything that’s worth a crap to replace the POS aftermarket motor the previous owner put in. I can’t even find a replacement for the drivers side motor. The only things I can find are passenger and tailgate. I need the DRIVERS SIDE. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been looking for hours, and have come up with zilch, nada. Does everyone just use a crappy dorman motor? I really don’t understand why I can find the passenger and tailgate motors everywhere, but the driver side motors are unobtanium.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a ACI 83140 driver side motor and regulator from rock auto for like 65 shipped to my house. installed with no issues and works great. This was a year ago, I just replaced the passenger side with the same brand. I would recommend to anyone to get the whole assembly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a ACI 83140 driver side motor and regulator from rock auto for like 65 shipped to my house. installed with no issues and works great. This was a year ago, I just replaced the passenger side with the same brand. I would recommend to anyone to get the whole assembly.
Thanks. It looks as though I’ll have to use aftermarket, so I’ll look into your suggestion.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
FWIW, Bronco Graveyard carries them for $40..most likely a Dorman type repro, but I've had good luck with their stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, Bronco Graveyard carries them for $40..most likely a Dorman type repro, but I've had good luck with their stuff.

I haven’t decided yet, but I may just buy a couple different motors available, and if one goes out I’ll try the other brand. Dorman seems to be the norm when replacing the window motors.

·
Super Moderator
25,306 Posts
Yo Hunter,

Call Ra and then local Ford dealer parts dept to confirm.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
My driver side window motor died on me Friday. I made up my mind that I was getting it fixed that day. That ruled out ordering online where I could find a better selection and cheaper too. The only thing I could find at the local part stores was a motor/regulator assembly. It was getting fixed that day so I went with it. It was a Dorman and I think the Dorman motor it replaced was about 6 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts