Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the company name and part number of the manual hubs i will need for a conversion. My hubs are automatic and on a 1987 . Has any one out there done this on a 1987 specifically?

WARNs appication chart says "Will not fit '87-early '88 model vehicles, flange mount. (Dealer item only. See Ford parts & Service)."

Any advice would be great.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I think what Tunedup is getting at is if you take the wheel (rim &tire) off the bronco will the hub kind of fall off? You can just grab it and pull it off?

If so I think you will have to do what I was talking about. I think Crazed just sold a bronco with that same setup on it. Holla at him and see what he says.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
'87 was a kooky year....if I am not mistaken Warn actually made the hubs that year but they were a weird design. It shouldn't be too hard to get the parts off an earlier Bronco at a junkyard and swap everything over. Then basically any after market hubs for a D44 should work...if I am wrong somebody please correct me...

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
The footnotes for the 87-88 models are for the models with existing manual hubs. Those are a special design and no aftermarket hub is available for them. The 87-88 models with automatic hubs can use any aftermarket manual hubs available for 1/2 ton Fords, no special parts needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts