Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here because it pertains to California and their stupid environmental laws.

What is everyone using to clean their parts with? Mineral spirits works good but you can't get that anymore and I just used up my one and only can that I had bought years ago. Purple power works good on most parts but I don't want to use that to wash/clean bearings and normally takes 2 or 3 tries to remove thick grease/dirt. I've thought about using Kerosene as it won't pull the oil out of the bearings like gasoline or brake cleaner and is readily available at Lowe's or Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tractor oil??? New one on me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tractor oil??? New one on me.
Yeah. Universal Tractor Oil. It works great. I am not sure how it would work on bearings though.

In the shop I used to work at that was all we used in our part cleaners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm posting this here because it pertains to California and their stupid environmental laws.

What is everyone using to clean their parts with? Mineral spirits works good but you can't get that anymore and I just used up my one and only can that I had bought years ago. Purple power works good on most parts but I don't want to use that to wash/clean bearings and normally takes 2 or 3 tries to remove thick grease/dirt. I've thought about using Kerosene as it won't pull the oil out of the bearings like gasoline or brake cleaner and is readily available at Lowe's or Home Depot.
We are a large petroleum distributor, facilities located all over SoCal. Head over to our Colton yard, ask for a 5 gallon pail of LPA 142. It's a solvent used in machine shops, oil fields, etc.

Dion & Sons
2100 W. Key St
Colton, CA
(951) 680-9731

You won't find a better cleaning solvent on the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts